Chasing tails

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jessi, Mar 7, 2013.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Does your cat ever chase its own tail?

I know, I know, that sounds like a dog thing. My friend's cat does it, though! It's so crazy! And it's not a kitten either...the cat is well into adulthood and just loves playing with its tail, lol.

Jessi, Mar 7, 2013
  2. Jessi

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

Alice! Of course, right? That's the one of our cats who always does the silly things. When she gets really hyper, especially when Sibyl is ignoring her, she'll chase her tail 'round and 'round in circles. It's cute and hilarious, but you're right! Before she did that, I assumed it was just a dog thing.

blurinoctober, Mar 7, 2013
  3. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

The cat I had as a child used to do the tail chasing thing and she was a little overweight so as a kid I thought she looked funny frantically running in circles. My current cat isn't really interested in her tail.

ACSAPA, Mar 11, 2013
  4. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

I like it when my cat chases his own tail. It's so cute and then he gets super dizzy. Sometimes we would make him circle around with his favorite laser pointer and then he would get tired of the laser and go back to chasing his tail.

steph84, Mar 11, 2013
    MarinaRose likes this.
  5. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

This is probably what a cat sees in its head when it chases its own tail.

[​IMG]

ACSAPA, Mar 24, 2013
    MarinaRose likes this.
  6. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lmao!

Ya know what? You might be right. I was teasing the cat the other day...."Go ahead, attack your tail. It's going to get you! Look out...here it comes again!" Maybe he does see it as a real threat and not his own tail, ha.

Jessi, Mar 25, 2013
  7. Jessi

MarinaRose Member

One of my cats chases her tail on occasion. It's quite funny! :) She pounces around in a circle while chasing her tail. When she finally gets her tail, she playfully attacks it. It's a lot more entertaining to watch a cat chase their tail than a dog, because cats chase theirs with style! ;)

MarinaRose, Apr 11, 2013
  8. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Mine wont chase their tales without encouragement. If I am playing with the cat on its back, I can use the cat's tail as a toy and it will catch and bite and lick it. I think they know it really is their own tale, but they like to play along.

Scottyxx, Apr 12, 2013
Ask a Question