Cats staring out into the rain

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Jessi, Aug 11, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Jessi, Aug 11, 2012
  2. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Those pictures are really beautiful. The bottom cat looks like a younger ,less bratty version of my cat. My cat looks looks at rain because it's something moving. But what she really likes is to stare at those Geico commercials with the pig that goes 'Wheeeee!"

ACSAPA, Aug 11, 2012
  3. Jessi

blackcapped Active Member

This is so cute! I am going to immediately share this link on my twitter account. I know several of my friends will really enjoy this tumblr site. I find the specified tumblr blogs to be highly amusing.

Only one of my cats really enjoys watching the rain. My black cat (the crazyhead one) loves to be outside during the rain!

blackcapped, Aug 11, 2012
  4. Jessi

JustJenne Active Member

Oh, I really like the last picture of the three best. I love the colors and the cat's eyes match the background. It's an adorable cat and really great photography.
    I can't say that I've noticed my cats watching the rain though the window though.. We tend to have a fire going during the rain, so they are usually curled up in front of the fireplace.
    Thank you for sharing the beautiful pictures!

JustJenne, Sep 3, 2012
  5. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I think cats watch the rain for two reasons. One is that they are wondering when it would stop raining so they can go out to play. The other may be that they are really perplexed by the mystery of so much water falling from the skies. It doesn't like there's some kind of tap being turned on up there, is there?

Victor Leigh, Sep 4, 2012
  6. Jessi

Cat Scientist New Member

Hello Jessi and cat lovers!

I'm a cancer researcher working for a non-profit institution in Toronto, Ontario. Our group has developed a program that looks for a phenomenon called "Kataegis" and visualizes it using a "rainfall" plot. We would like to use Jessi's first cat picture above, i.e.

http://2.bp.blogspot.com/-80uiyk65oWA/UrWMHKBHl2I/AAAAAAAALa4/XAlFWOil6NU/s1600/cat+window+rain.jpg

to enhance our web page dedicated to the kataegis algorithm. This algorithm is an open source, non-commercial tool that is being developed to help cancer researchers and clinicians for the benefit of cancer patients. We thought that the cat picture would give the web page some needed visual appeal, so we seek permission to use the cat picture for our web page. I hope that this message finds its way to Jessi even though she hasn't been active on the forums for about a year now. We will gladly cite Jessi on our web page for the photo credit and send the link her way once the web page is finished.

Thanks for your help!

Cat Scientist, Apr 17, 2015
  7. Jessi

Trellum Well-Known Member

I loved all the pictures :) Those cats look so calm and serene, it would seem as if they were meditation something or having very deep thoughts while staring out into the rain :) I do that sometimes as well :) I love the smell of the wet soil and the sound of thunder...

Trellum, Apr 30, 2015
Ask a Question