Cat's Passing Gas?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by pafjlh, Feb 8, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlh Well-Known Member

This may seem like a silly subject to bring up but I was wondering if anyone knew the reason for this. Yes, I know cats and other animals pass gas. But in Squiggy's case she seems to always do this around my sister. Then she wants to start cozying up to her after the fact, as if passing gas in her presence is Squiggy's way of letting my sister know that she loves her, as silly as that may sound.

I wanted to know if any of you who own cats have ever experienced this. Your cat passing gas when you enter a room then wanting to get affectionate after doing so. Is this a way of showing someone you love them to a cat?

pafjlh, Feb 8, 2015
  2. pafjlh

Trellum Well-Known Member

LOL, maybe your cat is way too gassy and when she does that in front your sister she just feel like cuddling? My cat Bob does that sometimes, but I believe it's just a coincidence, also I suspect he doesn't have idea how stinky his gases are, hehehe! But who knows, maybe that is your cat's way to say ''I love you''.

Trellum, Feb 8, 2015
  3. pafjlh

wahmed Active Member

I think it is probly just a funny coincidence. The reason your at cuddles up to your sister is because she family really likes your sister. I don't think passing of the gas and cuddling up to your sister has any connection whatsoever just everything is really funny story to tell people.

wahmed, Mar 11, 2015
  4. pafjlh

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Maybe not but it does seem quite funny thing that happens. I have to laugh at Squiggy though every time she does and my sister calls her out on it she looks over at Peppy who is her sister. This is something that happens everytime that Squiggy does it.

Also, my neice on facebook talks about her cat doing the exact same thing around her. So, again I guess this is a funny coincidence.

pafjlh, Mar 12, 2015
Ask a Question