Cats not eating their normal food?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by SheWolfSilver, Apr 5, 2012.

1. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

Bella has stopped eating what I normally give her which is Kitten Chow and canned food mixed together. I was worried at first and concerned that she wasn't feeling well but I noticed that she was eating the snacks I gave which was crunchy. So, I thought maybe she was just tried of the canned food and it turns out I was right. I started giving her just the dry and she is eating again.

SheWolfSilver, Apr 5, 2012
  2. SheWolfSilver

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

I've heard that sometimes cats will not eat their cat food brand if the brands have been switched. My cats used to do the same thing, but now I use a high quality cat food and they all eat much better. Cat food that is of a higher quality maybe most benefical when it come to them having a healthy weight and mood.

Jenny Heart, Apr 5, 2012
  3. SheWolfSilver

btatro Well-Known Member

As long as she is eating again :) When I bought a new brand of food for my cat, she refused to eat it. As soon as the old kind was back in her bowl, she mowed down. Funny how they know!

btatro, Apr 8, 2012
  4. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I think it depends on how the cat is brought up. If it has lived a pampered life since it was a kitten, then it would tend to be more fussy about its food. If it's a stray cat, or born to a stray cat, it would learn to eat whatever is available. Kind of like eat up or starve.

Victor Leigh, Apr 9, 2012
  5. SheWolfSilver

magickat Well-Known Member

Cats can be so finicky! Mine will eat pretty much anything but sometimes suddenly go off a particular brand for a while. As others have said, as long as she is eating then not to worry :)

magickat, Apr 13, 2012
Ask a Question