Cats at play, what toys and activities do your cats like?

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by furred_up, Dec 6, 2011.

1. furred_up

christina Active Member

I have bought a handful of toys for my cats throughout the years. Nothing entertains my cats like a shoe string. My son loves to drag the string around the house and all the cats follow him chasing and biting it.

christina, Apr 19, 2012
  2. furred_up

Mocha&Latte Well-Known Member

My cat loves lasers more then anything. He goes crazy for them. My other cat enjoys jingle balls any single ball. But don't say that they don't love boxes! They try to fir into my koolaid cardboard box;). When mocha was a kitten, I caught her inside but I still have the picture. If I find the document, I 'll show you guys:)

Mocha&Latte, Jan 26, 2014
  3. furred_up

Trellum Well-Known Member

My Bob is a bit weird, because he doesn't seem to like playing with toys that much. I've tried with several things, but he doesn't seem to care about them at all! I've tried with stick, cloth mouses, soft balls, laser pens, etc. He doesn't seem to care about them at all! I wouldn't mind it, if he wasn't so dependent of me and my attention!

Trellum, Mar 10, 2014
  4. furred_up

Aymes Member

I never have to buy toys for my cats! They love to play with common household items. My gray cat loves anything that makes a "crinkly" noise. That would include plastic bags or a balled up piece of paper. He will go crazy and chase it all around the house. He also loves the plastic piece that comes off when you open a milk container. My orange cats is obsessed with strings. He will guard it all day and meow at everyone to play with him. He also carries it into different areas of the house. Both of them love boxes of any kind.

Aymes, Dec 13, 2014
  5. furred_up

mimio Active Member

Maybe the dog's tail, my cat won't stop playing once see it.

mimio, Feb 10, 2015
  6. furred_up

wahmed Active Member

I don't need to buy toys my cats love their boxes. Itd like Christmas for them when they get more than one but God forbid if you touch them they look at you like you've committed murder.

wahmed, Mar 23, 2015
  7. furred_up

ringleaderchick New Member

I have an older cat, she is about 4 years old and she does not really like to play with anything. I have tried fuzzy balls on the end of a stick and even some of the toys that come with catnip and she will toss them for a few seconds and then act like they are not even there. The only thing that my cat does it eat and sleep, and she sleeps all day and night. She use to be an outdoor cat and then we moved into the city and I can't let her run around outside because I'm afraid she will be picked up or attacked by one of the neighborhood dogs. I hope that this forum can give me some helpful tips.

ringleaderchick, Mar 24, 2015
Ask a Question