Cats at Christmas

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by blurinoctober, Nov 25, 2012.

1. blurinoctober

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

Anyone have any general concerns or stories about having cats at Christmas? This year marks one of my cat's third Christmas and it's my new kitten's first!

We got a real tree and put it up yesterday. My older cat decided she was going to try to eat it upon first sight. As far as I've heard, that's really terrible for cats, so I got her to cut it out. So far she hasn't tried again! The little one decided to try to climb the tree today.. it was hilarious because she didn't like it in there and had a fun time getting herself out. Her tail was fluffed up when she got down! Her tail has never done that before.

blurinoctober, Nov 25, 2012
  2. blurinoctober

steph84 Well-Known Member

We haven't gotten our tree yet, but we are dreading it! It will be the first Christmas for my two new kitties and they are going to freak out over the decorations. They are super hyper and playful and we are all afraid that they are going to knock over the tree or rip up the presents. Last year, my other feral cat ate all of the ribbons off of every gift!

steph84, Nov 27, 2012
    blurinoctober likes this.
  3. blurinoctober

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Mine are usually pretty good at not going near things once they have been scolded a few times. I am going home (to Scotland) over the holidays so we don't have a christmas tree. But I know for Halloween at least Pussington loved to eat the decorations! Girl's got problems...

Scottyxx, Nov 27, 2012
    blurinoctober likes this.
  4. blurinoctober

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

Awwwwh! Cats eating decorations seems to be pretty normal, as bad as it is for them. My kitten has taken, in the past few days, to curling ribbon by scratching it (my roommate says cats should curl all ribbon, she does it so well!) and attacking low-hanging ornaments. She's too tiny to reach them without using presents as stepping stones, too. It's adorable, but I'm just waiting for her to unwrap something under the tree. Cats in the past have done it with me!

blurinoctober, Dec 3, 2012
Ask a Question