Cats and Stinky Shoes

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by GeeTee, Jul 8, 2016.

1. GeeTee

GeeTee Member

I've seen people ask questions about why cats seem to like stinky shoes. That made me stop and think. I can't remember ever observing my cats messing with my shoes other than to lay ontop of them or play with them. Have you ever noted that? Do your cats like stinky shoes?

GeeTee, Jul 8, 2016
    yourkiwim8 likes this.
  2. GeeTee

casey84 Active Member

An old cat I had used to like laying on our shoes...and would lick anything that was leather! But I don't think that's the case for all cats, since Casey (our current cat) has shown zero interest in our shoes, unless there is a shoelace dangling from somewhere and then he's SUPER intrigued. But other than that he couldn't care less!

casey84, Aug 3, 2016
    yourkiwim8 likes this.
  3. GeeTee

Neo Member

Well my cats never have to deal with stinky shoes because there are non in my house, but none the less, they do love my shoes. I always find them fighting/playing with the shoe strings.

I guess it's probably not the smell of the shoes that attracts them, maybe it's the shoe strings. And I don't think they have common sense like humans the tell them to not mess with shoes that stink.

Neo, Aug 10, 2016
    yourkiwim8 likes this.
Ask a Question