Cats and christmas trees

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by amy005, Dec 9, 2013.

1. amy005

amy005 Well-Known Member

My kitten seems to love jumping in my Christmas tree! It is a fake tree but she still seems to think it is fun to climb up and jump into. I really don't understand why and every time I tell her no she just doesn't seem to get it! She just started doing this today even though we have had the tree up for a couple weeks ago. Anyone else have kittens/cats that won't leave your tree alone?

amy005, Dec 9, 2013
  2. amy005

steph84 Well-Known Member

I don't even want to think about the tree. Last year my kitty kept trying to whack at the lower ornaments and he was eating all of the ribbon off of the gifts. I had such a red face when I was gifting something to my boyfriend's parents and saw that half of the ribbon was chewed up.

steph84, Dec 9, 2013
  3. amy005

Trellum Well-Known Member

Ah, I don't have this issue since I'm not a christian, so I don't celebrate christmas. But you comment made me nervious! My boyfriend is catholic, so when we move together we will actually celebrate christmas and get a christmas tree :) I really hope my kitty doesn't do that! Is your cat a young one? If she is, then there is a chance that's the main reason she likes doing that :)

Trellum, Dec 25, 2013
Ask a Question