Cats all collapse -Wtf?

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Jessi, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

I have no idea what the context of this gif is or why they all start rolling. So weird!

Jessi, Jul 3, 2012
  2. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Hey, those cats are just having a sand bath! They do that to get some hot sand into their fur to get rid of the lice and mites.

Victor Leigh, Jul 3, 2012
  3. Jessi

tajnz Well-Known Member

Perhaps Victor Leigh is right and they are rolling around as if they are having sand baths, it seems like a logical guess.:) It is indeed one strange gif though, with the cats all arriving at the exact same time and then suddenly rolling around. :confused: My first thought was that they were all just trained to roll on command like the animals in the film industry.

tajnz, Jul 3, 2012
  4. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yeah, had it been one cat, I would understand, but the fact that they all run into the scene at once and start doing it, seems silly, lol.

Jessi, Jul 3, 2012
  5. Jessi

violino Well-Known Member

It looks like there was a catmint or some herbs that smell similar - my cats react very similar when they smell some calmative pills ( I'm not sure the name of it, I hope you know what I mean).

violino, Jul 3, 2012
  6. Jessi

QuatreHiead Well-Known Member

That is rather strange they all go for a sand bath at once. I wasn't entirely certain that cats liked to have sand baths, but I suppose that does make sense, why not. Better than my initial thought that the ground was sprinkled with catnip or something. XD

QuatreHiead, Jul 8, 2012
  7. Jessi

Anna T Active Member

That is odd for sure! I have seen my cat do that before, but never both of my cats at the same time. I would have thought they were trained except I know how hard it is to train a cat, haha.

I am going to go with the sand bath theory, although still -- this is really strange for them to all drop and do it at once.

Anna T, Jul 8, 2012
  8. Jessi

violino Well-Known Member

A circus maybe :p Trained cats and we've been trying to figure out what's going on :p
    Hidden camera. Or Cat Brother :p

violino, Jul 9, 2012
  9. Jessi

Becky Well-Known Member

I thought the same as violino - catnip?

Becky, Jul 9, 2012
Ask a Question