Catnip Scratching Post

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by steph84, May 23, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

So now that I have 3 cats, my bed is taking a beating from all of the scratching. I went to Target yesterday and bought them a catnip infused scratching post. They loved it! I didn't think they would want to scratch it or anything, but they were going wild and fighting over it. I'll have to post some pictures of them with their new toy tomorrow because they are all asleep right now. I threw away the box, but it is a small little scratch pad that you rub catnip all over. I'll post more info soon because it is worth the money. My cats were entertained for hours.

steph84, May 23, 2012
  2. steph84

Mystique Well-Known Member

Thats's awesome, Steph84. You know, for Snowy and Azzario, I have never bought a scratching post. We have two rattan outdoor chairs that they love to scratch on :( I think I should buy one and save the chairs from being torn apart :D

Mystique, May 24, 2012
  3. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

Hahah Mystique! They are going nuts with this scratch pad. They removed it from the box and rolled around in cat nip crumbs. I think my cats are addicts!

steph84, May 25, 2012
  4. steph84

Mystique Well-Known Member

Looks like it is a good buy, hey! It started raining so heavily yesterday that I did not get to go out to look for one. When it rains, I would rather stay home and nap with the kitties! Since we're going to town tomorrow, I will go and have a look at the petshop. Having one of those scratching posts would make them happy and busy :D

Mystique, May 25, 2012
  5. steph84

Jessi Well-Known Member

I've used those before and they're great for the short term. If they start to lose interest, just insert some fresh catnip and you're good to go for a while longer. Ours seem to lose interest in them after a while regardless, though, because well, that's what cats do best, right?

Jessi, May 26, 2012
  6. steph84

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

Hmm interesting, I'm going to have to look into getting one of these! My oldest cat has already pretty much destroyed the arms on all my couches and chairs but as it wasn't a very good living room set to begin with, I'm not overly upset about it. I would like to get a better set someday though and I'd like to be able to find a way to keep her from destroying that one.

msmonkeyfeet, Sep 16, 2012
Ask a Question