Cat Wipes

Discussion in 'Product Reviews' started by steph84, Nov 22, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

What are your opinions on cat bathing wipes? I am looking on Amazon and some people are paying $8 for 10 wipes that clean their cat's top coat. I think I'd rather get the foam to give them a light waterless bath. Any great results?

steph84, Nov 22, 2012
  2. steph84

Jessi Well-Known Member

I have never even heard of them before. :eek:

My cats don't need to be bathed because they clean themselves. If something was wrong, I might consider just using some sensitive baby wipes to do it. I wouldn't dare spend that much money on so few wipes.

Jessi, Nov 22, 2012
  3. steph84

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

I have never used them, usually if my cat needs to be cleaned, I use a wet wash cloth, or a wash cloth and a spray bottle. I sometimes give them a full body bath, but they get so upset it hardly seems worth it.

I have the no water cat shampoo, but I find it leaves a residue in the fur I have to try and wipe off anyway.

Scottyxx, Nov 23, 2012
  4. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

Great tip on the baby wipes. I don't know why I didn't think of that before. I guess I am just worried that they will lick themselves after the baby wipe and I'll have to check the ingredients list. I think if I rinse them out first then they should be fine. Great tips!

steph84, Nov 27, 2012
  5. steph84

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

I bought some of the cat wipes today and I love them already! They're a bit bigger and thicker than baby wipes, so they're not as likely to rip if your cat moves the wrong way or something, you know? One of my cats has long hair and she had stuff caught in it she didn't get out on her own, so I used one to wipe her down. It worked really well, way better than bathing. Sibyl does not bathe well.

blurinoctober, Dec 6, 2012
  6. steph84

tajnz Well-Known Member

I've never consider purchasing cat wipes before but if they work well they could be a neat product. Like blurinoctober mentioned cat wipes are probably more useful for those who have long haired cats as those with short hair can normally clean themselves succesfully.:)

tajnz, Dec 14, 2012
Ask a Question