Cat Up A Tree Advice

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by shdws, Feb 23, 2013.

1. shdws

shdws Well-Known Member

shdws, Feb 23, 2013
  2. shdws

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

This is pretty awesome advice! I imagine there are quite a few reasons a cat could get stuck and this is great to know. You might even help someone else save their cat just from knowing what to do.
    I'm glad our goofy cats know to go from the tree to a nearby roof but if they get stuck in a tree too far away we could still get them safely with this information. And by "they" I mean Dusty. Sassy would never.:p
    Side-note: the silliest tree climb I've seen is Dusty trying to climb up a nursery trees trunk and he's four times the size of the baby tree trunk.:rolleyes:

CinnamonKiss, Feb 23, 2013
  3. shdws

shdws Well-Known Member

I have actually had to get my cat down from a tree before when he was a kitten. I'm hoping now that he is older he knows better, or at least knows how to climb back down. :)

shdws, Feb 28, 2013
  4. shdws

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

My guys been stuck up a tree! He panics and starts climbing up and up higher and higher. Both times, what I have had to do is shout at him and say his name, to try and get him into a good position, then I have to get a ladder and get myself up the tree!! He is a good boy so usually doesn't claw you or bite, but he hasn't worked out how to get down a tree yet...

Scottyxx, Feb 28, 2013
  5. shdws

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

The link to the article doesn't work right now.
    I'm really glad my cat is an indoor cat and the nearest tree is a scrawny mango tree that I can easily climb. I would hate to be precariously balanced on a ladder, trying to reach a cat and worrying about breaking my neck.

ACSAPA, Mar 24, 2013
Ask a Question