Cat stuck under table cloth

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Jessi, Jan 28, 2013.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Oh no!

I would be rather concerned that s/he couldn't breathe under the plastic like that. I'm sure they helped it get out as soon as they were done taking photos, though.

Jessi, Jan 28, 2013
  2. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Hahaha! Oh my god, how did this even happen?! Cats are so insane some times. Saying that, I could totally imagine walking home and seeing Pussington stuck in the same situation!

Scottyxx, Jan 28, 2013
  3. Jessi

amberra824 Active Member

Wha?! I'm curious as to how the cat got in that position! If it were my cat, I would have probably stopped and taken pictures before saving her, too xD Only if she were moving around, though, and I was absolutely sure that she could breathe and everything just fine.

amberra824, Jan 28, 2013
  4. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Oh I can guarantee I would've taken pictures first.

Heck, I probably would've taken video of her inching her way through. So long as she was breathing, then she'd be fine for me to humiliate by posting her pictures online later, hehe.

Jessi, Jan 28, 2013
  5. Jessi

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

WOW! What a terrible situation to get in! I can't imagine how it got there in the first place, and then it couldn't figure out how to just go backwards. Maybe this cat is related to Dusty. He got himself stuck between our storm-door and our front door a few years ago. I came back from a college class and he was there, meowing piteously at me. He had tried to get in the house when I was leaving, the storm-door closes slowly and the front door had already been locked. Which means a stuck cat!

CinnamonKiss, Jan 28, 2013
  6. Jessi

amberra824 Active Member

I think cats have the habit of trying to be too clever for their own good. They think that they have the smarts to sneak out when we're not looking, or to snag that crumb from under the tablecloth (just throwing a random guess of what the cat could have possibly been doing under there, lol) but then they end up stuck! The worst part is, their pride won't let them realize that maybe they're not as clever as they thought, and so they constantly get in trouble, and in sticky situations like that!

That's how my experience with cats has been, at least :p

amberra824, Jan 28, 2013
  7. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol. He probably just saw an opening between the two layers and decided to paw his way in. He had no idea that once he got up there, he'd be more or less stuck.

Jessi, Jan 29, 2013
    CinnamonKiss likes this.
  8. Jessi

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

If we had a tablecloth like that, Sibyl would totally do that! Some cats just like to ease their way under blanket-like-things because they think it's warm! I agree with Jessi, though, my first thought would be to panic because I was scared the kitty couldn't breathe. After I knew it was, though, I'd be amused beyond belief!

blurinoctober, Jan 29, 2013
  9. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

That cat is adorable, I'm not a fan of putting plastic over things though.
    That reminds me of my grandma's dining room. I would probably freak out and take the cat out instead of taking pictures because as a mother, my instinct is to spring into action first and then laugh later. My daughter used to do a lot of risky and dumb things when she was little, so I'm too jumpy to laugh and take pictures.

ACSAPA, Jan 31, 2013
  10. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Yeah I agree ACSAPA it seems like an old grandma house, with plastic over everything so it stays nice haha!

Scottyxx, Jan 31, 2013
  11. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

Haha. The plastic in this case looks as though it's to make the table practical. They have a lace tablecloth, which is a pain to actually eat on, so the plastic means you can eat on it *and* have it still look lacey and pretty.

Jessi, Jan 31, 2013
  12. Jessi

Mocha&Latte Well-Known Member

Hah, I did the same thing. I cover plastic over that and put a pretty lace table cloth over it. I have never seen Mocha or Latte do that but I could just imagine them both helping each :rolleyes:other get into it.

Mocha&Latte, Jan 26, 2014
  13. Jessi

steph84 Well-Known Member

That is a very funny picture, but I feel bad for the kitty. I hope he didn't make a habit out of this. It can be really dangerous if he did this when no one was at home.

steph84, Feb 2, 2014
  14. Jessi

Trellum Well-Known Member

Hehehe! That cat is in deep trouble! I hope they helped him out as soon as they were done taking pics, pretty sure they did :p I'd be nervous to post that online tho, because there are many people out there who don't hesitate to shout ''abuse'' even when they see pics like this.

Trellum, Feb 12, 2014
Ask a Question