Cat photos in signature

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by HappyRocinante, Jun 4, 2012.

1. HappyRocinante

HappyRocinante Well-Known Member

How about letting us put our cat's photos in our signature lines? I think it would be cute and would help remind us what each person's cat looks like. That way when I am talking about Ninja you can see his little innocent face. :)

HappyRocinante, Jun 4, 2012
  2. HappyRocinante

Becky Well-Known Member

Sounds like a great idea! As long as it's not too big (both in terms of dimensions and file size) then it's fine :)

Big photos can slow down the site for some users, and can also be quite distracting when reading through posts.

Becky, Jun 5, 2012
  3. HappyRocinante

Jessi Well-Known Member

So images in signatures are allowed now? Can you tell us what the size restrictions are? I'd be happy to put together a small collage of my own to use in my signature. :)

Jessi, Jun 5, 2012
  4. HappyRocinante

HappyRocinante Well-Known Member

It would also be helpful if we could just upload the pictures. Right now the only option is to put it online and then to embed it.

HappyRocinante, Jun 5, 2012
  5. HappyRocinante

Becky Well-Known Member

Sorry for the delay in replying - we moved house recently and internet access has been sporadic at best!

We are looking into it and I'll hopefully have an answer for you next week :)

Becky, Jun 16, 2012
  6. HappyRocinante

violino Well-Known Member

I'm not a fan of huge signatures. To be honest I don't like them at all (I know I've got one here :p), it's hard for me to read posts when there are signatures everywhere.

violino, Jun 16, 2012
  7. HappyRocinante

QuatreHiead Well-Known Member

That would be an adorable idea! I do like it. I suppose people could even change it up as they get new pictures and videos of their kitties. Because we all know that everyone here loves their cats!

QuatreHiead, Jun 28, 2012
  8. HappyRocinante

Becky Well-Known Member

I'm afraid it's not possible to upload a picture directly to your signature, you have to upload it first and then link to the image. If you don't want to upload an image to a separate site, you could always upload it to a post in the forum (eg in the meet my cat section) and link to the image from there. Simply right click on the image and select properties, and then copy the URL.

There is no way for me to set a size limit, but let's say 100 pixels maximum height :)

Becky, Jul 2, 2012
Ask a Question