Cat Personalities

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Briannagodess, Jul 2, 2015.

1. Briannagodess

Briannagodess Member

Do cat personalities dictate whether they can be trained?

When I was young, we have a lot of cats. Some of my cats are well-behaved, others are just so moody, they have quite different personalities. So if I had trained them, will the well-behaved ones learn better than the not so behaved ones?

Briannagodess, Jul 2, 2015
  2. Briannagodess

erik Well-Known Member

I think good / bad behavior issues can be addressed through training and behavior modification but their personalities ( one of my kittens is more outgoing while her brother is usually chill and laid back) usually stick with them until they grow into adulthood unless something traumatic happens to them...

erik, Jul 4, 2015
  3. Briannagodess

Trellum Well-Known Member

I honestly think the personality of a cat has nothing to do with the ability to train them, I am not sure but I think I recently read cats just can't be trained like dogs. I really guess think the reason is that the cats are still a bit wild, not 100% domesticated like dogs are... plus dogs and cats are so different.

Trellum, Jul 4, 2015
  4. Briannagodess

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I think like people all cats have their unique personalities which makes them who they are. My older cat is easy going. He has his days when he wants to be alone and it moody. My other cat is fun of mischief. He always seems to be getting into something. He is full of energy and is always looking to play. My grand daughter calls him Trouble..lol I think as they get older though they settle down. I like my cat's personalities and I wouldn't want to change them.

Susan Brown, Jul 9, 2015
Ask a Question