Cat nip

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by erik, Jan 2, 2016.

1. erik

erik Well-Known Member

Just bought a cat nip from the pet store and its funny how my two cats react to it one gets super playful and the other one just rolls around and calms down. What are your pets reaction to catnip?

erik, Jan 2, 2016
  2. erik

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

My cats love it too. I don't have it on hand often but when I do they go crazy for it. It is entertaining to watch them. I think most cats have that reaction to it.

Susan Brown, Jan 2, 2016
  3. erik

erik Well-Known Member

Is there a possibility of overdose or perhaps too much catnip for them?

erik, Jan 2, 2016
  4. erik

Trellum Well-Known Member

I have yet to try cat nip on my Bob ;) But I have the feeling he'd get super purry and playful if I do get him catnip ;) He is always like that, but when he eats something he likes he acts like crazy, lol!

Trellum, Jan 3, 2016
  5. erik

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

No i really don't think a cat can overdose on catnip. I have never heard of it happening before. I wouldn't give it to them too often though. Everything in moderation.

Susan Brown, Jan 16, 2016
  6. erik

morgoodie Member

My cats would become super playful and then they would just curl up and fall asleep. It was funny to watch them run around like crazy and roll all over the floor for a while before becoming tired and just dropping off to sleep. I would not give them the catnip too much but once in a while I would buy them a toy with it in it and they would just go crazy over it.

morgoodie, Feb 28, 2016
  7. erik

stillsmallworld.com Member

We order Kitnip Box every month, and it seems like the second we bring in the box from the mailbox, the cats KNOW it is for them because they can smell the catnip inside the box. Every month we go through the box like it's Christmas, showing them what's inside one by one. They are ALL over me and my boyfriend as we go through the new toys.

stillsmallworld.com, Mar 5, 2016
  8. erik

CrazyCatLady74 Member

I went to Walmart the other day and noticed a new cat product they have. It is two large paper bags that has catnip all over them. Since it was under $3.00 I had to buy it. It proved to be money well spent, two out of my three cats love it and every day they take turns pushing cat toys in it and then go in after. They do this at least 2 or 3 times a day. It is a great form of entertainment. In regards to a cat overdosing on cat nip. Thankfully none of my cats have had that happen to them. I am sure that it is possible but I think most cats know when they've had enough of.

CrazyCatLady74, Mar 31, 2016
Ask a Question