Cat nibbles plants

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Trellum, Dec 3, 2013.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

I have a small problem with my cat, I'm not sure if this is normal or not, but my cat seems to really like to nibble most of my house plants! I wonder if this is a normal behaviour in a cat or he might be just trying to tell me he is bored or he needs some sort of vitamin supplement?

This is starting to get annoying, because even tho I no longer have a lot house plants right now, the very few I still have left are being nibbled by my cat. I plan to move to another country... and plan to get more plants! So this could become a bigger issue later on. What can I do? Why do you think he does that?

Trellum, Dec 3, 2013
  2. Trellum

steph84 Well-Known Member

Do you ever let your cat outside or is your cat strictly indoors? Sometimes when my cats have stomach problems they like to nibble on grass. I am wondering if your cat is having some digestive problem.

steph84, Dec 20, 2013
  3. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

No, my cat is a 100% indoors cat. I used to let him out when he was younger, but then he decided it would be a good idea to have a walk around the neighborhood. Long story short... a kid took him! I didn't see him after 6 or 5 months passed. He just showed up outside my place.

I'll have that in mind :) I own two dogs, and when they have digestive issues they eat grass, I had no idea cats liked to do the exact same thing!

Trellum, Dec 24, 2013
Ask a Question