Cat Names

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Belligerent, Dec 2, 2011.

1. Belligerent

Belligerent Well-Known Member

What names have you given your past (and current) kitties?

My first cat ever was named Simba. I have had tons of other cats with the names Lily and Rose (after flowers, of course), Star and Stripe (they were brother and sister), Mama, Snuggles, Sweetie, Snickers, Stitches, Pumpkin, and Willy.

What about you?

Belligerent, Dec 2, 2011
  2. Belligerent

amillionducks Member

My first cat was Tom, when I was around 7. From there on in this order:
    Lobo,
    Puck,
    Snowball and Pepper( brought home together from my ex's family they didn't want them),
    Spaz cat,
    Pandora and Demon (brother and sister),
    Punk (came with my house when I bought it, ear clipped as feral),
    Summer (spawn of satan),
    Comedy the ragdoll
    Friday the thirteen

amillionducks, Dec 2, 2011
    Belligerent likes this.
  3. Belligerent

Cute names! Haha.. I love the names Demon and Punk. >.< How cute!

Belligerent, Dec 2, 2011
  4. Belligerent

amillionducks Member

Thanks, Demon and pandora were feral and during the befriending process I was hissed at by him them handed him to my dad and said "Here's your demon." and the name stuck.
    Punk was my alter of Pumpkin, neighbors said that was her original name, she originally belonged to the previous people that lived at my house they abandoned her when they left and she had been marked as feral she's missing the tip of her left ear.
    You can tell all the one's I've named.:D

Belligerent likes this.
  5. Belligerent

Aw I love the stories on how they were named! Aww... that's so great that you took the feral cats. So many people want brand new cats and won't even think about taking in ferals. Whenever I lived in a house, I took in a few ferals until I could take them to the no-kill shelter (they only allow 1-2 pets per month).

Belligerent, Dec 2, 2011
  6. Belligerent

amillionducks Member

I literally live next to an animal shelter/ hospital, I pull in my driveway my dogs look at me the shelter dogs bark at me that is how close I live to them. I have caught a couple feral's and found them new home after the came out of their shell. Feral cats can be just as loving a ones raised by a family. Pandora, Demon, Punk and Spaz cat were my ferals I seen a free kitten sign everyday on my way to work one day I was out driving around with my room mate and we stopped and I said they have a black cat I'm getting one. All they had were feral black kittens and he caught one by the tail and pulled him out from under a low shelf and I took him home, He was hilarious after he became friendly he darted around the house so he got the name Spaz cat.

Belligerent likes this.
  7. Belligerent

luvmypets Member

I have always given my pets people names. My older cat is Thomas O'Malley the Alley Cat and my other cat is Oliver. I recently had someone tell me their cat's name is Snowshoes because the cat has double paws. How cute is that?

luvmypets, Dec 2, 2011
  8. Belligerent

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

Kitty, Jimmy super Fly, Luna, SunnyGirl, Charity, Hope,Faith, Mango, Romeo, Itchbee,champaigne, parmagaine, precious, Bella, Jasper, Sailor Moon ( Moonie), Alice (ally), Edge, Serenity, Piffy ( my son named him) Trinity ( Trin _Trin)

Micheleteresa, Dec 2, 2011
    Belligerent likes this.
  9. Belligerent

Da!sy Member

Wow, everyone has had lots of cats. Interesting how these names came about. I've only had two cats. Never considered myself a 'cat' person until my oldest son gave me a skinny grey kitten as a Mother's day gift. He promised me I'd learn to love her. She went nameless for two weeks but her personality was regal according to my daughter and we eventually named her after Queen Isabel and later called her Izzie. She won me over completely. My current cat is named after my granddaughter, Alexandra. We call the cat Alexi and I would never have guessed how much this pleases my granddaughter. She tells everyone!

Da!sy, Dec 2, 2011
  10. Belligerent

You're absolutely right. I took in a feral one time (Pumpkin) and he was one of the sweetest cats I've ever had! I got rid of his worms & fleas and it was so hard for me to give him up, but my roommates did not allow me to have more than one cat for over a month, so I took him to the no-kill shelter. I wish more people would take in ferals. Haha how cute about Spaz! >.<

Belligerent, Dec 3, 2011
  11. Belligerent

magickat Well-Known Member

Our first cat was Pussby (i named him when i was 4!), then we had Willow, Timmy, Bigby and Chloe. Currently I have Smudge, Pawsie, Savage, Poppy, Wolverine and Tiger Paws :)

We also used to feed a lot of strays who had all sorts of names including Woody, Chips, Heile, Basil and Rocky.

magickat, Dec 17, 2011
  12. Belligerent

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

The tom I picked up from the market has got green eyes and a tail with a crook in it like the number seven. So I named him Green Seven. However he seems to respond better to the word 'come' which is what I use when I feed him.

Victor Leigh, Dec 18, 2011
  13. Belligerent

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

I haybuve had so many cats in my life, LOL! But some of the name have been, Baby Bug, Kitty, Miss Kitty, Midnight, Pop, Woody, Snow Ball, Sherbert, Sweet Pea, Long Tail, Tom and so many more! We are really big cat lovers!

Wahcashmom, Dec 18, 2011
  14. Belligerent

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

Mine so far have been Rasputin (his eyes were all tripped-out and psychedelic looking -- orange inside green inside yellow), Opus (for the comic strip cat), Velcro (because he had hooked claws and used to attach himself to anything you'd put him on, including clothing), Kiliamo (his name is actually Cosmo, for the boy fairy on <i>The Fairly Oddparents</i>, but my son called him "Kitty Cosmo," which in Sprog-speak came out "Kiliamo"), and the twins, Phobos and Deimos.

Most of the cats I've had responded (by which I mean an ear twitch or, very occasionally, actually looking up at you) to their names, except for the twins. I can't always tell at a moment's notice which one I'm addressing, so I usually just call them both "cat." They do respond to "cat," though.

Wallie0921, Dec 19, 2011
  15. Belligerent

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

From my experience, there's one name which even strange cats would respond to. That's 'mew-mew'. Some may come. Some may just look at you from a distance. I haven't met one yet that didn't respond to 'mew-mew'. Maybe the cats who heard me saying that are wondering 'What nonsense is that human talking about?'

Victor Leigh, Dec 19, 2011
Ask a Question