Cat food that your cats won't eat

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by footballtim, Sep 7, 2012.

1. footballtim

footballtim Well-Known Member

We all have to try different food for our cats at one time or another. My older cat has to eat kidney food, but I had to go through a lot of food to find the one that my young Bengal actually likes. Some of the ones that she got sick of were, Evangers wet or dry food, Fussy Cat and Wet Meow Mix (Not the pate'). She would not touch 9-lives. She will eat Meow Mix pate', but now she just got hooked on Whiskas dry food. She will not touch table scraps.

footballtim, Sep 7, 2012
  2. footballtim

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

Have you tried sprinkling catnip on her food?

Evilsprinkles, Sep 8, 2012
  3. footballtim

Jessi Well-Known Member

My cat has been really picky over the years and would rather starve than eat anything "cheap." As in, I realize that I've run out a cat food and grab some from Dollar General or something? Nope. I might as well have not picked anything up at all. She throws a fit and refuses to eat it.

Jessi, Sep 8, 2012
  4. footballtim

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

My cat Dolores detests Meow Mix for some reason but will eat cheap food from the Dollar Tree. Who knows what goes on in the minds of cats.
    I don't know what criteria Dolores has for choosing what to eat and what to reject.

ACSAPA, Oct 6, 2012
  5. footballtim

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cats do not like 9 Lives. Not even my strays! It's funny when the strays won't even touch the stuff. I had a coupon so I gave it a try, but the kitties aren't into it. One of my kitties just loves to eat anything and gets into everything. She'll eat popcorn, but no to 9 Lives lol

steph84, Oct 15, 2012
  6. footballtim

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol!

I'm more shocked that she'll eat popcorn. I agree that 9 Lives isn't even seen as food by most cats. I've had the same issues with strays not liking it. It was mostly because I had previously been giving them a different food and I tried to switch to something cheaper. They were having nothing of it.

Jessi, Oct 16, 2012
  7. footballtim

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

My cats were never picky, but now they are. Annoyingly. Global Pet Foods is awesome, they say if you have at least 1/2 the bag of dry kibble left, you can return it for a full refund for whatever reason,. I am so glad for this, as little Bandit, if he eats anything bad he poops blood, so far no blood on the new food so I am hopeful!

Scottyxx, Oct 17, 2012
  8. footballtim

andrew320 Well-Known Member

I'm not sure about younger black cat, but the older one is quite certain in his taste. He doesn't like the cheap stuff like Meow Mix, Purina or Iams. Instead, he likes the real good natural stuff that is much better for him anyway. They specifically like the chicken and lobster as well as oceanfish stew.

andrew320, Oct 20, 2012
  9. footballtim

Trellum Well-Known Member

Uhm there is nothing my cats wouldn't eat. My Bob loves eating EVERYTHING, the problem is keeping him away from the food actually, lol. I don't want him to eat things he isn't supposed to be eating. My boy isn't picky at all :)

Trellum, Jan 16, 2014
Ask a Question