cat "condos"

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by doglvr, Mar 31, 2015.

1. doglvr

doglvr Member

I've seen these in pet shops & on Amazon and am debating whether to get one. They seem very tall & wide. Do cats really enjoy these or would it be a waste.I do have a couple of pedestal ones they can sit on very comfortably. My house is becoming like a cat's paradise as I don't know what cats like so I just buy anything.

doglvr, Mar 31, 2015
  2. doglvr

Trellum Well-Known Member

Well, in my experience it really depends on the cat... the only way you can know for sure if your cats will enjoy it is getting one. My Bob prefers to use the couch as a scratching post, rather than use his actual scratching post.

Trellum, Apr 1, 2015
  3. doglvr

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

I often thought it would be fun to invest in a cat condo. Instead we kind of just make our own or they make their own by finding high spots in our house. Well, not so much our older one, she can only jump up about 12 inches now, but we kind of stack boxes together at different heights so can make it up to window level to be able to look outside. It sounds like your cats our pretty fortunate to be living in a cats paradise! ;) Are these your first cats?

Herman&Eddie, Apr 2, 2015
  4. doglvr

doglvr Member

Not only my 1st cats but I've never been around cats and all my friends are dog people, which I still feel I am. However, I put my last dog down in July & swore I'd never have another since I've been through it more times than I could count.

These 2 are brother & sister (why I took both) and it was a favor as they were being terrorized by a rescue dog new to the household. As a result I rely on the internet, but mostly by the nice people on this forum who have helped. I've decided these cats "need" to climb so I'm investing in a tall tree or whatever they are called. I would never be able to put together the things you did.

doglvr, Apr 4, 2015
  5. doglvr

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Good to hear you saved these cats (brother and sister). I bet since they are related and been together since birth, they are great companions for each other?

I would not doubt your "expertise" on using boxes and such around your house. Cats usually find their favorite spots to hang out in high areas, anyways. It's just that one of ours is just older and need some help.

I am relatively new to this forum, and already read a wealth of information. Even though, I have been around cats for years, I learn something new everyday and have my share of questions, too! lol

Sorry to hear about the lose of your dog! Cats are different from dogs, but I guarantee they will bring adventure to your household! You won't regret your decision in adopting these two cats!

Just thought of an idea for you. How about a ladder? lol

[​IMG]

Last edited: Apr 4, 2015
    Herman&Eddie, Apr 4, 2015
  6. doglvr

Anne Well-Known Member

Doglvr, I am sorry to hear of your lost with the dogs and have a pretty good idea what it is like to lose a pet. Tomorrow is my weekly anniversary of Twinkle's (my cat's) passing but I am getting better as the months roll by. I too swore I would never want to get another cat after Twinkle transitioned and but thanks to wonderful people in the forum I have started to look at things differently. Maybe you will open your heart to another dog somewhere down the road.

In the meantime enjoy your cats and like Herman said they are different from dogs but lovable nonetheless. I was more of a dog person myself but if the cats are anything like the one that touched my heart you are in for a very good time. I never knew of a cat condo until now. I am still learning about cats. I bought some cheap scratch pads a while back when I was traveling but Twinkle never got to use them. I have them there just sitting around maybe for my other cat when and if it arrives. All the best with your two new family members. I went buying everything little thing I could afford when Twinkle was alive. That's how new cat people behave:).

Anne, Apr 19, 2015
Ask a Question