Can your cats tell time?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jenny Heart, May 15, 2012.

1. Jenny Heart

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

My cats tend to stay close to the door when they think I'm coming home from work. They do it when my daughter comes home too. Does anyone else have a cat that seems to be able to tell time. All of my cats do know when it is feeding time though lol.

Jenny Heart, May 15, 2012
  2. Jenny Heart

violino Well-Known Member

I think the thing with coming back home is they just hear or smell you're coming back.
    And with the food I believe it's like this because you give it to them regulary, it's like we feel hunger at particular time if we usually eat at the same time of the day. I don't so my stomach is not used to it, but when I did, I felt it this way.

My cat's don't do those things. But my dog does. And all my dogs used to behave like this.

violino, May 15, 2012
  3. Jenny Heart

Jessi Well-Known Member

Yes! They don't necessarily go to the door like that, but they obviously know when it's morning time and they're ready to eat, hehe. My oldest used to do the same thing for bedtime. She'd go to the bedroom and start crying if we were up later than usually, waiting for us to come lay down.

Jessi, May 16, 2012
Ask a Question