Can your cat open the window using only its paws?...

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Kaca1, Jul 20, 2016.

1. Kaca1

Kaca1 New Member

My can, check out this, its so funny :D

Kaca1, Jul 20, 2016
  2. Kaca1

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

lol that is too funny. What a smart kitty. My windows slide and snap so there would be no way for them to open them but if I leave my windows open, one of my cat will slide the screen over and hang out the window. I am on the third floor so I have to be careful not to leave the windows open when we are not there.

Susan Brown, Jul 21, 2016
    Neo and Kaca1 like this.
  3. Kaca1

AnnaBanana Member

That is amazing! And scary! I would be so nervous if I had an apartment in a high rise building and my cat could do that. I'm sort of thankful I live in a one story boring family home after watching that video!

AnnaBanana, Jul 21, 2016
    Kaca1 likes this.
  4. Kaca1

Novelangel Active Member

My current cat does not open windows but I once had a cat who could open a sliding glass screen door with one swipe of his paw. He would hook a claw through a hole in the screen and swing his paw and the door would fly open. He was outside once with the other cats, playing in the field behind the house and he heard a siren coming down the highway. He took off for the house, the other cats right at his heels, took a wild swing with that paw and opened the door for all of them. If he hadn't known how to do that, the screen door would have developed an interesting new hole that day.

Novelangel, Jul 21, 2016
    Kaca1 likes this.
  5. Kaca1

Anne Well-Known Member

Oh my! That went viral I suppose? That's something else. I did not have those kind of windows and my windows had screens. What I will say is that Twinkle saw a slight hole developing and did not rest until he made it big enough to climb through. I actually think he hurt his leg doing it.

Anne, Jul 21, 2016
    Kaca1 likes this.
  6. Kaca1

Kaca1 New Member

That cat is old around 16 years..she can open door too.She is at village in house where my grandparents live...they live comfortable with her...but she left the house after making this video cuz she noticed she got filmed and she was kinda mad and meowing so much...im sad tho.Sometimes when i was eating pancake she use to jump and grab it and it would fell on floor...im gonna miss it tho :c

Kaca1, Jul 24, 2016
  7. Kaca1

Neo Member

My cat couldn't possibly open our windows. We have locks on them, and even if they are unlocked, cats can't push them up. Ours don't open sideways like that.

That is amazing though. Cats are really smart and I like how they show what they are capable of. Many animals out there know how to use their body to do things we couldn't imagine. My cat gets on top of our refrigerator and opens the freezer sometimes, it pushes it open at the crack with it's paw.

Neo, Aug 2, 2016
  8. Kaca1

casey84 Active Member

Oh goodness! Casey can't do that and I think I would be nervous if he could! I don't know that I would trust him if he had free reign to just get outside whenever he wanted! He's used to being an indoor cat (we let him outside if we are out there too, but watching so he doesn't roam off too far) so I think if he could get out whenever there would be more chance of him going missing :(

casey84, Aug 10, 2016
Ask a Question