Can I give my young kittens regular milk?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by AnnaBanana, Jul 8, 2016.

1. AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana Member

My longtime pet and companion, Peaches, has disappeared. Aside from my own feelings on that matter, Peaches left behind two very young kittens. I've heard that milk that I buy from the store is not healthy for them, but that water with a small amount of sugar mixed in would be better. Does anyone has some experience with a situation similar to mine? I would love some advice.

AnnaBanana, Jul 8, 2016
  2. AnnaBanana

ProNine Member

Please do not give the young kittens normal milk. You can find mothers' milk replacement at many pet stores, which is healthy for them. I'm a bit confused as to what you're saying regarding adding water with sugar, however, giving normal milk to the cats will make them feel sick and cause diarrhea.

ProNine, Jul 8, 2016
  3. AnnaBanana

AnnaBanana Member

I was told by a family member that giving them water, with some sugar mixed in, was better than cow's milk. I had never heard that before, and it seemed a little odd. I was left with very young kittens and I knew cow's milk wasn't the best option, and I don't live anywhere near a pet specialty store. At the time of writing that post, I had just realized the mother cat was gone for over at least 24 hours. The kittens were nearly screaming for their mother, so I panicked!

AnnaBanana, Jul 21, 2016
  4. AnnaBanana

Anne Well-Known Member

I have seen something about somewhere about sugar and water but I can't be sure it was in connection with cats. I used to think that milk was good for cats but my Twinkle refused to take it and boy am I glad.

Anne, Jul 21, 2016
Ask a Question