Cаn а саt gеt siсk frоm gоing оutsidе in соld wеаthеr?

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Goodman, Jul 15, 2016.

1. Goodman

Goodman Member

My саt nоrmаlly gоеs оutsidе tо usе thе tоilеt but hе dоеsn't likе gоing оut whеn it's соld аnd wеt. Is it bеst tо givе him littеr trаy insidе whеn thе wеаthеr is bаd? саn hе gеt siсk frоm gоing оutsidе in thе соld?

Goodman, Jul 15, 2016
  2. Goodman

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

If they are not use to the cold temperatures and being outside they could get sick.
    When we were younger we always had outdoor cats but I never recall them ever getting sick from the weather.
    Since I have had cats of my own they have been strictly indoor cats and they are quite content staying inside.
    I think though if I let them outside in the cold they would get sick because they have not built of their system to
    deal with the climate changes.

Susan Brown, Jul 27, 2016
  3. Goodman

Anne Well-Known Member

That sounds like my dogs or at least one of them. Around here it is not cold very often especially in the month when the world experiences winter. Without doing any research I think it could get sick with the change of the weather. A few times when I have bathe my dogs and I don't think I have dried them properly, they get a little cough so I am thinking a change in temperature can cause illness as it does with humans.

Anne, Aug 10, 2016
  4. Goodman

Neo Member

I watched this video of this one family who had snow about 3 foot of it, and when they walked up to their door, there was a frozen white cat laying on the ground. It was paralyzed from what it looked like, and they took it inside and heated the place up.

They were wondering what happened to it, but it was obvious that because it was so cold outside, the baby cat froze and couldn't move. It didn't die, but it took many hours for it to basically unthaw. So yeah, I'm sure cats can get sick from cold weather. It was so small, and the guy was describing the cats body as being kind of touch like hard in a way. They saved it.

Neo, Aug 16, 2016
Ask a Question