Brother Warming to Cats, LOL

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by pafjlh, Mar 22, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlh Well-Known Member

This is the brother I have talked about here in the past. He has always hated cats, I guess he got that from our father who was the same way. They just didn't like cats at all felt they were sneaky. Any way, my brother had to eventaually accept Pepper and her four kittens as more or less living in our front yard. He wasn't happy about it at first, but I have to say I see him starting to warm to the cats. Oh he still makes mean comments about them but its obvious when he saying it he is joking.

He has also become quite fond of Squggy. Each morning when we go out to feed the cats Squggy comes into the house. This morning I found her scratching on my brother's chair as he was sitting there. I told her to get down but he said it was all right she was only saying hello. I had to laugh, this from the man who use to say the only good cat was a dead one. Shows you how a view point can change when someone is around a cat for awhile.

pafjlh, Mar 22, 2015
  2. pafjlh

Trellum Well-Known Member

I'm glad to hear your brother has warmed up with your cats, it's always hard when you bring into the house a pet the others in the household might not appreciate. It is great when everyone start getting along tho :) Greatest thing ever if you ask me! It sounds like your brother is a good person :) I've known people who never warm up to the pets in the household like that (specially if they didn't like them before).

Trellum, Mar 23, 2015
  3. pafjlh

wahmed Active Member

That's great news. I think bringing pets into situations where someone doesn't want them is not only hard on us but also on the animals. It takes ages for people to start liking the animals and if they sense that it is not good.

wahmed, Mar 23, 2015
Ask a Question