British Blue constantly in litter tray

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by kippaxlady, Aug 12, 2011.

1. kippaxlady

kippaxlady New Member

I have a 10 year old British Blue cat. Recently I've noticed that she's visiting the litter tray a lot more frequently but coming straight back out again, sitting down and cleaning herself around her bottom. Her coat also seems to have lost a bit of lustre too. Do you think this could be a urinary tract problem? :cry:

I've only been monitoring it a couple of days as I thought it was just me at first but I worked from home today and she's been doing it off and on all day. In herself she seems fine.

Thanks

kippaxlady, Aug 12, 2011
  2. kippaxlady

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

It could be that she is constipated, and he keeps running to the litter to poop, then nothing comes out. You can try mixing a little bit of pumpkin into her food, that would help relieve any constipation she might have. It could also be a UTI as well, you would have to go to the vet for that one, so it might be worth trying the pumpkin first, and keeping an eye on her litter habits and see what comes out.

Scottyxx, Sep 10, 2012
Ask a Question