As Always, The Cat Outsmarts The Dog

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by blurinoctober, Jan 9, 2013.

1. blurinoctober

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

How many animals would've thought of that?! I know I wouldn't have!

blurinoctober, Jan 9, 2013
  2. blurinoctober

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

None of ours would have! That cats is really clever, and has some surf skills! Too bad they didn't have a second one for the dog. I get a feeling the dog would just fall over though, they seem to lack the same grace and balance a cat posses.

CinnamonKiss, Jan 10, 2013
    blurinoctober likes this.
  3. blurinoctober

Jessi Well-Known Member

Haha, awesome.

I wonder if the cat knew that the surfboard would float across like that or if they were just jumping onto it because it was available.

I kinda feel bad for the dog. He seems so confused.

Jessi, Jan 11, 2013
  4. blurinoctober

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

He doesn't act at all freaked out when the surfboard moves, so maybe he knew what was going to happen! It could've been a simple case of cat watching human and learning that way. But, yes, the dog does look so confused! It looks like he was chasing the cat, though, so maybe he deserves some confusion, hah.

blurinoctober, Jan 12, 2013
  5. blurinoctober

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

That cat is a freaking genius. Maybe the surfboard is left there so often that the cat has tried it before and knows it floats. But that's still some high-level thinking for a cat. Dogs can swim, so that dog must not have wanted to catch the cat badly enough. The dog I take care of for a relative would have jumped in that water and swam after my cat.

ACSAPA, Jan 21, 2013
    blurinoctober likes this.
  6. blurinoctober

Mindful7 Member

Cats really are quite clever. I think also they are quite nosey so this cat would probably have seen how this surf board had been used by the owner. This is most impressive. I would be bowled over if my cat did that. Awesome moves and most timely. Not a flawed motion in sight.

Mindful7, Jan 22, 2013
  7. blurinoctober

Jessi Well-Known Member

Very true. I'm sure the cat would've freaked out had it been an item that would've sank when it jumped onto it. It may not have recognized that it was going to move even, but rather, just knew it was the next object in front of them to jump onto.

Jessi, Jan 22, 2013
Ask a Question