Are you superstitious about black cats?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by SheWolfSilver, Feb 15, 2012.

1. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

I personally am not superstitious when it comes to back cats. I have had several black feral cats in my life including Kit Kat the one I feed now. One of my childhood memories is my father actually turning the car around and going a different way because a black cat had crossed the path.

SheWolfSilver, Feb 15, 2012
  2. SheWolfSilver

Belligerent Well-Known Member

Not at all. I had a little black cat that was the sweetest cat in the world. I might have wondered before I had Cosmo, but now I realize how silly it was to be superstitious about black cats.

Belligerent, Feb 16, 2012
  3. SheWolfSilver

magickat Well-Known Member

I love black cats and currently have two, one young adult tom who is so loyal and affectionate and a female kitten who makes me laugh everyday with her antics. They look adoreable when they cuddle up together.

magickat, Feb 16, 2012
  4. SheWolfSilver

Carolinagirl Member

I am not superstitious at all. My grandmother was really superstitious, and I think my brother got it from her. They would never allow a black cat to run across in from of them.

Carolinagirl, Feb 17, 2012
  5. SheWolfSilver

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

I am not at all superstitious about black Cats. It is sad that due to superstition, black cats have less of a chance at being adopted, if they are and older cat this decreases their chances of adoption even more.
    I have two black cats among my tribe, Rio, a male bombay mix, who was another ACC kill listed senior kitty that I adopted and Billy, a male domestic short hair, who was also ACC kill listed. I foster billy but after investing my income tax return, heart and tears into getting him healthy between hospitalization and then vet supervised home care, I am considering adopting him, he is finally doing well other than needing to get his weight back up.

Micheleteresa, Feb 18, 2012
  6. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I love black cats. I am always on the lookout for one that's absolutely totally black without the slightest tuff of white. Not the greyish-black kind. I mean those shiny black ones. Something like this would be fine:

[​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Feb 29, 2012
  7. SheWolfSilver

steph84 Well-Known Member

I'm not superstitious at all and have owned at least 5 black cats so far. I would hate it when I was a kid and people would come over and see my cats then say stuff like "You own a black cat?!? You're going to have bad luck!" I just think that's ridiculous. Some people wouldn't even want to pet them. It just hurt my feelings.

steph84, Feb 29, 2012
  8. SheWolfSilver

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

No, I am not superstitious at all! I have 2 black cats, and I love them so much. I have had one of them for over 14 years and she has been one of the greatest and lucky cats I have every had.

Wahcashmom, Mar 1, 2012
  9. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Somehow I get the feeling that black cats make great mousers. Anyone has any experience about that?

Victor Leigh, Mar 4, 2012
  10. SheWolfSilver

Alli Well-Known Member

I've never had a superstition against black cats...I always really liked them, actually. I think black cats look sleek and beautiful! My boy cat is a tuxedo, so he is mostly black. I would definitely get an all-black cat if one came into my life at the right time.

Alli, Mar 11, 2012
Ask a Question