Any Cats In The Bathroom When You Have To Go?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by CatFour, Apr 29, 2013.

1. CatFour

CatFour Active Member

Does anyone have a cat that likes to go to the bathroom with you? I have one that sits on the toilet (lid down of course) and waits for me to come in there. When I do, he always jumps up on my lap and wants to rub on me and be petted. If I am not paying attention to him, he will jump up on the sink and get into the stuff I have on the shelf. I know I could just run him out and shut the door, but he thinks it's a fun game.

CatFour, Apr 29, 2013
    Delle LeClair likes this.
  2. CatFour

Yiddo Active Member

Nope, my cats won't come in as they're scared lol.

Yiddo, Apr 30, 2013
  3. CatFour

mariposa Well-Known Member

:D No, not here. That's one place our cat doesn't bother spending time. We keep the door pulled shut but not latched, so she could push it open if she wanted to... it just doesn't bother her to do that. The few times she does push her way in, no one's in there, and she "hides" in the tub (or thinks she's hiding, that is!)

mariposa, Apr 30, 2013
  4. CatFour

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

Our cat never particularly bothered. One of our dogs used to come over to me if I was sitting down sometimes but that was all. She used to paw me for attention so I stroked her while I sat there. The cat and other dog did not come to the toilet with us asuch. Our cat never went into the bathtub either. I think it was too high up and, for her, there was nothing of interest there anyway.

GavinMcresty, Apr 30, 2013
  5. CatFour

jose26425 Member

I definitely have to say that my cats like to keep my company in the bathroom. I'm not particularly sure why, but it may be just them keeping in the mindset of "this entire house is mine and I just let you humans live here." There for a while, our black kitten that we adopted from a friend was really annoying when I was in the bathroom. He used to like to jump on the sink, and climb onto my shoulders and sit there sniffing me. Yeah, that didn't last very long as I put an end to that real quick. And don't bother closing the door, because either your cat will sit outside and meow incessantly, or stick their paw under the door and bat at the air.

jose26425, Jun 11, 2013
  6. CatFour

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cat Kitty Love is always scratching at the front door when he wants to come into the bathroom with me. I love him, but I need my private time. I don't know why he loves going into the bathroom. It's like he hears me run in and then instantly takes an interest in being in the bathroom.

steph84, Jun 13, 2013
  7. CatFour

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

When I go in late at night, Sibyl will follow me in. She seems to think it's a great chance for one-on-one time! Sometimes she'll jump up on my lap and expect pets, other times she'll try to get out of the door the moment I close it. It's strange, but the only consistent thing is that when I walk down that hallway, she'll pretty much always follow.

blurinoctober, Jul 7, 2013
  8. CatFour

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

My cat doesn't show much interest in the bathroom, but my dog will lie down outside the bathroom door and stare at me with puppy dog eyes if I have the door open.

ACSAPA, Jul 26, 2013
  9. CatFour

Trellum Well-Known Member

LOL, that sounds a lot like my cat. He likes doing something very similar as well. It's all about him always, he likes me to pay attention to him and pet him... even when I have to go! I think our cats are a pair of divas :D They just want us to be petting them all the time, excepting when they don't feel in the mood to be petted :p Then you better stay away!

Trellum, Oct 17, 2013
  10. CatFour

Delle LeClair New Member

Yes!! All the time! It's like having children, without having children! (As I'm told you can't go to the bathroom alone when you have children either. Haha!). I have a small bathroom and so I hate having to shut the door if I don't need to do so, and I almost always have one of my cats come and keep me company. I keep the door shut otherwise, so they are never in there, but when I open it though, it's like they need to run in and see what's up in there. For sure! I can totally relate! Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone! Hehe!

Delle LeClair, Nov 6, 2013
  11. CatFour

Cats can really be like small children :) They are starved for attention, my Bob for example, he can't stand the fact I'm paying a lot more attention to the laptop instead of focusing all my attention to him! My boy is so adorable <3 Cats are amazing creatures, I just can't understand why some people just seem to hate them. My mom is one of those persons... she thinks cat are evil for some reason and has never liked them. She never allowed me to have a cat as a kid, and when she did it didn't last :(

Trellum, Nov 17, 2013
  12. CatFour

amy005 Well-Known Member

My cat always ends up in the bathroom with me! Sometimes she follows me and sometimes she just happens to be there when I have to go lol. I really don't know why she enjoys going in there with me so much, but I have a feeling it may be because she thinks I'm gonna mess with her litter box or something.

amy005, Dec 3, 2013
  13. CatFour

Hahaha! Good theory, lol! My cat seems to be worried I might mess with his litter box... right, like that's the most pleasant activity ever :D Our cats really need a reality check! LOL!

Trellum, Dec 3, 2013
Ask a Question