Anger Transference

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by BTCGuru81, Apr 4, 2013.

1. BTCGuru81

BTCGuru81 Well-Known Member

Anyone who's seen my threads probably knows by now that I have a house full of cats. They all came from different sources, certainly not of the same litter. So territorial disputes and heirarchy sparring is simply unavoidable. However, I've noticed that Chaos will attack the other cats when she gets frustrated. If she is made to get off the kitchen counter, or disciplined for not moving (I"m not mean to my cat, this animal has a serious problem with being underfoot that is dangerous to us and her), she immediately runs to my smaller cat to beat him up. It's really strange behavior and I do not even begin to know how to deal with it.

BTCGuru81, Apr 4, 2013
  2. BTCGuru81

TheBrit Member

Haha, like it, the cats got character.
    My black and white feral, who disappeared ten days ago was similar.
    He could come up to me all doey eyed, for a stroke or feeding.
    Every now and then, when he started to try to become over dominant with the smaller one I would just loudly say "No", and point a finger at him.
    He would stop and lay there with eyes blazing, staring at me. If looks could kill I'm probably down to my last cat life. :)

TheBrit, May 31, 2013
  3. BTCGuru81

Lilly&May Member

Im not sure what I would do either, it just seems like your cat needs her own space. If you watch "My Cat From Hell" it might be a good idea to put up some of those cat shelves on your wall so she has a specific place to lay and watch the other cats. It has been my experience that certain cats just need to have a piece of something to call their own.

I think thats how I have ended up with four cat beds on my bed, three cat scratchers, and two cat trees. hahaha

Lilly&May, Jul 3, 2013
  4. BTCGuru81

steph84 Well-Known Member

My cat Kitty Love also does this! He smacks the other cats when he gets mad. He also does it if they get too close to him or of he is just bored. If I don't let him out at night he takes it out on the other cats and whacks them in the face.

steph84, Jul 5, 2013
  5. BTCGuru81

Trellum Well-Known Member

This is a very normal cat behaviour, she obviously thinks she's the boss in that house and is free to do whatever she wants to the other cats. Sadly it's really hard to train a cat, you can discipline it, but it's like trying to discipline a kid who never and will never listen. I'd not be very worried tho, this happens a lot in nature and as long as she doesn't severely damage the other cat... I think everything should be ok.

Trellum, Oct 1, 2013
Ask a Question