Amusing Things Our Cats Do

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by Wallie0921, Nov 22, 2011.

1. Wallie0921

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

I've been wanting to post this story for a while, but haven't known where to put it. So finally I decided to make my own thread for it.

Back when I had one cat, then got a second, the second cat I had was a 7-week-old kitten. I fed them out of separate bowls, but my adult cat just loved the kitten's food, so they'd end up at each other's bowl.

I called my vet and he suggested mixing the two foods together and giving them one big bowl. This started a trend.

Now, it's 17 years later, and both of those first cats are gone, but now my three absolutely refuse to eat out of separate bowls. The time I tried giving them smaller, separate bowls, they all tried to stick their heads into one bowl together and no one was able to eat!

Wallie0921, Nov 22, 2011
    Jenny Heart likes this.
  2. Wallie0921

YayHappens New Member

Hi Wallie, that is so sweet! Do they all share nicely, or do you find that any of them are much more aggressive and regulate everyone else?

YayHappens, Nov 23, 2011
  3. Wallie0921

Becky Well-Known Member

Aw, that sounds cute. I hope they all have similar appetites!

Becky, Nov 24, 2011
  4. Wallie0921

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

They share pretty well. Occasionally Deimos will get squeezed out, but he usually noses his way back in without any flak from the others.

Wallie0921, Nov 26, 2011
  5. Wallie0921

MaxKitteh Well-Known Member

Cute and heart-warming!

Let's see, what does my cat do that's cute....well he loves to sleep in my lap. He will adjust his position to suit me, even with the desk over his head he crawls around like a little creeper and once he's settled in there's plenty of room to sleep while I work on the computer. Sometimes, if I need to re-position he'll just jump off my lap and once I am sitting still he'll jump back up and go back to sleep.

I love my cat's greetings too...little headbutts and nose touches. He follows me everywhere too like a puppy...very cute.

MaxKitteh, Nov 28, 2011
  6. Wallie0921

sammilynn Member

aww that's adorable! :) as long as they don't fight it's good. :) they know how to share.

sammilynn, Nov 29, 2011
  7. Wallie0921

amy005 Well-Known Member

Lately my cat has been standing in front of the vents.. It always maes me laugh when I just see him standing there. He obviously wants to warm up.. Another funny thing he does is he will take his paw and move his cat food into his water dish, then wait for the food to get soft and eat it... no clue why he does this but he ha been doing it since he was a kitten.

amy005, Jan 18, 2012
  8. Wallie0921

Belligerent Well-Known Member

Hahah, how cute! I love when animals all try to eat out of the same dish. It's cute when they get all competitive over it too.

Belligerent, Jan 19, 2012
  9. Wallie0921

christmasfairy Member

Our cats are the same thing, it makes it much easier to feed them. Ours are very funny about their food they will jump up on the bag, and just sit on it looking at me even if the bag has been left open they wont eat out of the bag they will just sit on it, and watch me like come on mom!

christmasfairy, Jan 23, 2012
  10. Wallie0921

magickat Well-Known Member

My kittens are very funny at feeding time. When she was first weaned Tiger-Paws would stand over the bowl and growl so none of the others could get any, but she couldn't eat it either! Now she tries to drag the bowls away from the other cats with her paw lol

magickat, Jan 23, 2012
  11. Wallie0921

steph84 Well-Known Member

Aw, that is such a cute story. I just had a funny story happen right now. My mom's little dog loves to yell at our big dog when he tries to sneak in the house. Well my uncle is over fixing our bathroom and the little dog was policing the big dog when my cat ran in. She started barking at him and whimpering because she got jealous of him. I went into my other room and the little dog started to kick my cat out of the back door. So he ran up to the front window and climbed into the birdbath to peek inside the house. It cracked me up to see this huge cat in the tiny bird bath. I was going to grab my cell phone to snap some pictures for everyone, but he jumped out once he saw me and thought he could get back in.

steph84, Jan 24, 2012
  12. Wallie0921

SallyintheValley41 Well-Known Member

I have 3 bowls actually for my 2...since they like a variety of dry foods to pick from...I love to watch the way they play musical bowls and they never get mad having to share or being squeezed out. This is one of the best traits about cats over dogs I think...their utter lack of jealousy...they are so accepting and never worried the other one will eat it all (like dogs do).

SallyintheValley41, Jan 26, 2012
  13. Wallie0921

SallyintheValley41 Well-Known Member

I may have written about this somewhere else, but my older cat does not snuggle, and does not like to be picked up more than a couple seconds...he is a stocky 18 pounds and likes his feet on the ground (I suspect he has some British shorthair in him, and that is one of their traits) but my younger cat loves to snuggle with me whenever I am lying down. He can spot me going into the bedroom to rest from a dead sleep in the sun room or from under a couch, I swear....before I am even settled....he is there right at my shoulder. Now he won't climb onto my chest "without permission"....it is so darn cute....he looks imploringly into my eyes until I say "ok" and then he pushes book or magazine aside (or climbs on top of them) lays down with his front paws and head touching my chin and just purrs and cuddles to his hearts content.

SallyintheValley41, Jan 26, 2012
  14. Wallie0921

inTHEsane Active Member

I am not sure if anyone here knows of the candy After Eights, but for starters they are delicious. My cat tiger, never liked any candy of any type, was mostly strictly meat and cat food food. Hated when there was sauce on anything. One day after leaving a box of After Eights on the table I came home to half the box soaking wet, and dissolving. Turns out she loved it like catnip(most likely the mint). She would rub on the corner of the box till she was drooling like crazy, and the box would start to dissolve. Never tried ripping it open or biting at the box ever. lol.

inTHEsane, Feb 22, 2012
  15. Wallie0921

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

That's a smart cat. Definitely better than some cats who drag their food out of the bowl and eat it all over the place. I remember one cat that had the undesirable habit of taking its food into my bedroom and eating it on my bed.

Victor Leigh, Feb 24, 2012
  16. Wallie0921

Cat Member

I had one female cat named Chloe, for about a year and she would wait for me at the front door when she heard my car pull into the driveway just like a dog. She was a cuddler and would sit on my lap facing me with her paws on my chest and her head under my chin, it was so nice to be loved like that!

Then one day I got a bright idea and decided she needed company....why? Not sure! LOL

I got her a male kitten named OJ (or Ohchy Boy, as I nicknamed him). The moment I put him on the floor to introduce them Chloe put her paw up to whack him one...I said "Nooooo" in a low tone and she put her paw down, looked at me wide eyed and sniffed the newcomer. From that moment on Chloe and Ohchy were best of friends. He was a little ruffian so she would take him under her wing and teach him the ropes. He loved to spend time behind the furnace and would have his orange coat black when he came out. Chloe would literally shake her head like a Mom would do and if she were human you could just picture her taking him by the ear and dragging him to the tub. She would clean him up till he shone, putting her paws on him to not allow him to move till she was done! It was hilarious! She was such a mother hen that if my Ohchy Boy was left alone he wouldn't know how to clean himself! She was the cleanest cat I ever had, she sparkled in the sun, her little white dainty paws were like diamonds, they were so clean! Both cats slept together, ate together, sat on me together (like a cat blanket! Chloe on my lap and Ohchy on my legs when I had my feet up on a stool), they would come to bed and sleep on top of me, Chloe on my hip and Ohchy on my feet. Chloe would also come and climb under the covers and sleep like a rag doll in my arms, Ohchy would stay at the feet, like Chloe told him that was the only place he was allowed or something! I guess she was a mother figure to him although they were only a year apart. But I have never seen 2 cats get along better, cuddling together, sharing me, eating and romping outside together. They were only allowed outside if I was home and I would leave the front screen door open a crack for them and they would check in like two little kids...both popping their heads in for a second to see if I was there, then run off to play again. They were the best cats I had ever had!

Cat, Apr 20, 2012
  17. Wallie0921

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

That's lovely, Cat. Now, are you going to breed them? I know that there are already too many cats in the world but with such fine personalities, it seems such a pity not to get at least one set of kittens from them.

Victor Leigh, Apr 20, 2012
  18. Wallie0921

btatro Well-Known Member

The amusing thing my cat used to do was jump on my mom's lap EVERY TIME she tried to read the newspaper. Literally every night, as soon as my mom would pick up the paper to read, my cat would hop up on her lap and lay down right on top. She didn't care about the newspaper when it was on the ground or when somebody else was reading it, only when my mom wanted to read :p

btatro, Apr 21, 2012
  19. Wallie0921

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

That is an amusing story. All my cats don't like to share the bowls that have their food in it. If one of the other cats try to nudge there way to the food, the other one just nudges there way toward the center of the bowl, so the other cats don't get any of it. I try to watch them carefully, or one cat may get left out from their food.

Jenny Heart, Apr 27, 2012
  20. Wallie0921

Denisab82 Member

My cat loves to bat around empty toilet paper rolls. Actually, she will knock full toilet paper rolls off, and bat the roll around until some paper falls off, then she will bat the paper around. Such a silly cat!

Denisab82, Apr 28, 2012
Ask a Question