Afraid of new toy!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by zippy, Mar 26, 2012.

1. zippy

zippy New Member

We bought our kitty a new toy. It is a green springy frog with bells. When we got home to show it to her it was quite clear that she hated it. It really freaks her out. I have decided not to return it. Instead I am going to hang it on the front door. She likes to hang around the door to escape. She is an indoor kitty so we try to keep her from doing that. I am hopping this frog that terrifies her will discourage her from hanging around the front door.

zippy, Mar 26, 2012
  2. zippy

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

LOL That is a very clever idea! I hope it works!

SheWolfSilver, Mar 26, 2012
  3. zippy

Jessi Well-Known Member

Haha. Hopefully it works then. Beware when she figures out that it's not scary after all, though, and starts trying to get out again anyway. In the meantime, sounds like money well spent.

Jessi, Mar 26, 2012
  4. zippy

steph84 Well-Known Member

Haha that happened to me when I bought my cats a battery operated mouse. I thought they were going to love it, but they hated it so much. I have been having some carpet scratching problems and now I should just break out that toy and let it go wild near my bedroom door. It is totally money well spent!

steph84, Mar 27, 2012
  5. zippy

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

Most of our cats love new cat tops. Once in awhile one will act afraid of a new toy. I try not to look too excited when I get them a new toy. I think they sense that over excitable feeling, and they tend to avoid it then. Now, I just put it down, and wait for them to want to go up to the new toy and play with it.

Jenny Heart, Apr 10, 2012
  6. zippy

magickat Well-Known Member

Your cat will probably get used to it. My husband bought a small remote control car to play with the cats and at first they all hid from it but eventually curiosity got the better of them and now they love to chase it.

magickat, Apr 11, 2012
Ask a Question