Advice needed please

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by coolerking1973, Feb 12, 2011.

1. coolerking1973

coolerking1973 New Member

I recently received a printout of my cats clinical advice and it contained the following:

Dom/torb/ket IM GA. intuabted
    pregnant midline spay, approx
    4-5wks. Double ligated

Grateful if you could tell me what it means as it seems to suggest she was pregnant at the time of spaying although I had not been informed as such.

Many thanks

coolerking1973, Feb 12, 2011
  2. coolerking1973

christy sharpton Active Member

Sounds to me she is pregnant, but they are still going to spay her anyways. Can they do that, and is that safe for the cat?

christy sharpton, Nov 21, 2011
  3. coolerking1973

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

They can do it, but it looks like a more complicated surgery.

I wonder what the original poster took the cat in for (it was back in February). Was it to be spayed?

Wallie0921, Nov 21, 2011
  4. coolerking1973

magickat Well-Known Member

I agree with other posters that it sounds like the cat was pregnant at the time of spaying. I would have thought they should tell you this before completing the procedure, especially as it can be more dangerous and expensive.

magickat, Nov 23, 2011
  5. coolerking1973

Micheleteresa Well-Known Member

I would also think if a cat was brought in to be spayed and was pregnant they would tell the cat owner prior to going ahead with the procedure but from my own experience with the aspca mobile spay and neuter program they do continue with the procedure without informing the cat owner. I had five females spayed on the same day, any kitty's I care for with the intentions of finding homes for I have spayed/neutered and vaccinated for rabies, and one must of been pregnant because she was lactating afterwards.

Micheleteresa, Nov 23, 2011
Ask a Question