A Fabulous Cat Tunnel Sofa For Cat Owners

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ACSAPA, Aug 10, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Hi guys,
    I saw this article about a really cool sofa for humans which incorporates a cat tunnel, so that while you're enjoying a movie on TV, your cat can play inside the sofa. I think it's a pretty ingenious idea. I'd totally buy one. What do you think?

http://www.catster.com/lifestyle/cat-tunnel-sofa-pet-furniture

ACSAPA, Aug 10, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  2. ACSAPA

JustJenne Active Member

No, I would never get one of those couches. I could see some people buying one but it is not for me. I don't see why you would want your cat running inside your couch. I would rather just have a piece of furniture for the cat. Also, I really don't think that couch looks comfortable. And it only has one arm rest... and is kind of ugly. It's a no for me.

JustJenne, Sep 1, 2012
    wahmed likes this.
  3. ACSAPA

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

As an invention, that's rather innovative. As something for me to buy, no way. If I want to make a playground for my cats, I would make one away from me. I doubt if I can sit peacefully on the sofa if my cats are playing around inside the tunnel.

Victor Leigh, Sep 2, 2012
  4. ACSAPA

Tina New Member

This would a fun addition to a family room or a sun room, but I doubt I'd want it in my living room. I like the way they showed the inside of the piece so you can see how the creator put it together. I may try to do something similar for my family room. It doesn't look all that difficult to assemble something similar.

Tina, Sep 2, 2012
  5. ACSAPA

tajnz Well-Known Member

Neat concept, but I'm not sure that I'd buy it either. I also agree with Jenne, it doesn't look that comfortable. However it's only a concept and I'm sure the designers could work on making it more comfortable.

tajnz, Sep 4, 2012
  6. ACSAPA

Cats have a lot of fun playing with tunnels. I have seen my own cats playing hide-and-seek with boxes. Here's a cat tunnel that might add some fun to your cats' playtime.
    [​IMG]

Victor Leigh, Sep 4, 2012
  7. ACSAPA

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

That's a pretty clever idea. I agree it doesn't look terribly comfortable, but neither does most Ikea furniture. It might be good for someone in a small living space that doesn't really have enough room to put up large cat toys and things for them to jump around. I'm wondering if the cat could get stuck in the part where the tunnel drops down though. Or how would you get your cat out of it if it was sick or frightened and avoiding you?

OhioTom76, Sep 4, 2012
  8. ACSAPA

kalasin Member

That couch is neat! However I am picky about decor so not 100% sure I'd want it myself, but man, my cat would love that.

kalasin, Sep 5, 2012
  9. ACSAPA

footballtim Well-Known Member

This is the kind of tunnel that I have been looking for forever. I have one straight tunnel for my Bengal. It is her favorite toy. I'll bet she would go crazy over this one.

footballtim, Sep 6, 2012
  10. ACSAPA

This is another interpretation of cat tunnel.
    [​IMG]

I have seen something similar being built by someone with a lot of Persians.

Victor Leigh, Sep 10, 2012
  11. ACSAPA

wahmed Active Member

No, no no no nooooo.
    This looks horrid! Why would you even want that! Cats are adorable and kittens even more so but my house has to look a certain way. What is happening to the world? What is wrong with a simple piece of cat furniture?

wahmed, Mar 11, 2015
  12. ACSAPA

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Its a cleaver concept but I don't know if I would want to own one. The over all design isn't too complimentary in my opinion in going into a living room or family room. It does look great for cat but what about the human beings. Maybe if you have room in your hom designated for the cats such a sofa could go int there, but I wouldn't consider it anywhere else in the house. I would rather just have regular cat furniture not a couch with tubes in it.

pafjlh, Mar 12, 2015
  13. ACSAPA

Trellum Well-Known Member

It looks like a nice thing for the cat, but to be honest i don't think it'd look good in my living room, not one bit! But a couch like that can be such a nice treat for a lucky kitty, not in my house tho :p This couch would look so out of place in my house.

Trellum, Apr 4, 2015
  14. ACSAPA

Trellum Well-Known Member

I agree with you, for a cat that couch looks great, but for a human? No way! It looks really odd to me, so as you said, I think the only way I could ever have one is if there was a spare room for my cat, and even yet.. I'd be kinda nervous of spiders or other nasty thing to crawl in there, yikes!!!

Trellum, Apr 4, 2015
  15. ACSAPA

Eaow Well-Known Member

This is certainly a great idea. I can only imagine cutie paws playing inside that tunnel. Whoever came up with this must have such a great love for cats. I would buy that anytime.

Eaow, Sep 3, 2015
  16. ACSAPA

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Om gosh I love it! I am in the market for a new couch. How cool would it be to have something like this.
    My kitties would love it. This is such an awesome and cool idea. I wish they were available here. I would
    definitely look into getting one!

Susan Brown, Sep 10, 2015
Ask a Question