A Different Kind of Box For Dusty

Discussion in 'Meet My Cat' started by CinnamonKiss, Jan 30, 2013.

1. CinnamonKiss

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

So, last night my dad brought groceries home and in the hustle and bustle of them being put away one item in particular was abandoned on the floor. Fear not, because Dusty was in the thick of things and gave the item proper attention.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

He wanted inside a box of Kleenex's, but what he failed to realize was that they weren't open. And his size was merely an inconvenience in the grand scheme of his plan. I crack up at his "gut" in the first picture every time I see it. After his failure to get inside, he decided he would merely lay on it. The last picture reminds me of how royalty back in the day would lean on the armrest of their thrones, except Dusty is the court jester around here. We humans are doing much worse, we're merely peasants.

CinnamonKiss, Jan 30, 2013
  2. CinnamonKiss

Jessi Well-Known Member

Lol!!

I love how cats try to get into *any* sized hole, even if the box or basket is way too small for them.

Has he been in opened boxes of Kleenexes before? Or was this a first of any box like this?

Jessi, Feb 3, 2013
    CinnamonKiss likes this.
  3. CinnamonKiss

Dusty enjoys the uh "challenge" of fitting in the smallest boxes. He's tried with an empty box before but he usually can only get a paw in. This is the first we've seen him lay on the kleenex's though.
    Sometimes he'll sit on top of cardboard boxes we haven't opened because he's waiting....He'll always come back to see if it's been opened too.

CinnamonKiss, Feb 3, 2013
  4. CinnamonKiss

steph84 Well-Known Member

That is so funny! He looks so defeated in that last picture. Poor kitty wants a new box to sleep in. You should let him have his way with a cereal box. :) Great post. Thanks for taking the time to upload these. I needed a laugh today!

steph84, Feb 3, 2013
    CinnamonKiss likes this.
  5. CinnamonKiss

Hahah, you're right, and I'd guess he was feeling pretty defeated at that point! We have boxes coming i and out of here and Dusty always manages to try them out. I'll leave a cereal box on he floor and see what he does the next time we have one. My guess is he'll swat it around or just stick his head in and lay there. I'm glad you enjoyed it.:D It's nice to know our goofy cat can make someone else laugh!

CinnamonKiss, Feb 3, 2013
  6. CinnamonKiss

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

Oh, geez, that's adorable! I've yet to see Sibyl try to fit into something quite so tiny, but I wouldn't put it past her. I would've cracked up if I was in your position! How long did he lay like that?

blurinoctober, Feb 5, 2013
    CinnamonKiss likes this.
  7. CinnamonKiss

Dusty would probably only be able to get his head inside, even in his wildest dreams!:p Three of us were in the kitchen when it happened and we were working hard to stay quiet when I was trying to get pictures. He only stayed like that a few minutes, it was loud in there and he couldn't properly watch the happenings while laying there. Not ideal for his curiosity!

I found this picture and it made me think of Dusty! If he was kitten-size he might do this:
    [​IMG]

CinnamonKiss, Feb 5, 2013
    blurinoctober likes this.
  8. CinnamonKiss

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I love the kitten in the tissue box. He's even the same color as your cat Dusty.
    Your cat's expression when he failed to get inside the box is funny but pitiful.
    I hope he found another box to climb into. Poor guy, his plan was thwarted.

ACSAPA, Feb 10, 2013
  9. CinnamonKiss

He is! It made it that much funnier when I saw the picture!:D
    It didn't last long, don't worry! Dusty takes it all in stride and found some trouble or another to try and get into instead.:p
    He's always finding boxes to get into. I tell my mom to leave boxes from things we've order laying about for a bit because Dusty loves them so much. He lays in packaging paper too. I want to introduce him to packaging peanuts, but I worry he'd bite on them or try to eat them.:(

CinnamonKiss, Feb 10, 2013
Ask a Question