A Cafe For People Who Can't Have Cats

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by ACSAPA, Jul 25, 2012.

1. ACSAPA

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

Hi guys,

I was reading about a unique cafe in Japan and thought I would share.
    If you live in a building that doesn't allow pets, but you're a cat lover ,you can come to this cafe and relax with a cat in your lap.

It's also a try-before-you-buy pet adoption center, so if you fall in love with one of the cats, you can adopt it.

http://en.rocketnews24.com/2012/06/...f-you-want-to-relax-with-cats-or-rescue-them/

[​IMG]

ACSAPA, Jul 25, 2012
  2. ACSAPA

QuatreHiead Well-Known Member

THAT IS AWESOME! I have heard of these I believe. I really wish they had one of those here. Although I can have a pet in my building, the extra costs right now doesn't fit my budget.... or something that kind of resembles income losely...
    It's most unfortunate.
    The down side is I would try and spend all my day there! That would be an awesome place to work/volunteer however. I think that they should go towards this idea more instead of shelters... at least I assume that cats are held up similar to how dogs are in pounds. Perhaps they aren't as bad as they used to be...?

QuatreHiead, Jul 25, 2012
  3. ACSAPA

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

This is a very doable idea. I hope it catches on. Then there will be lots of homes for abandoned cats. I have read about something similar being done with dogs, too. Maybe this idea developed from the idea of petting zoos.

Victor Leigh, Jul 25, 2012
  4. ACSAPA

MER Well-Known Member

What I've seen isn't as comfortable as a cafe were you could sit and relax with cats in your lap, but quite frequently our pet stores (Petsmart) has local shelters that set up shop as you walk in pet store. Dozens of cats and dogs looking for new homes. Some of the cutes critters as you can imagine. I always tease my wife as we walk through about bringing another cat home. Its bad enough having one extremely jealous cat in the house. On top of that, it takes a bit longer than a few hours to see if that animal will bond with you or not. Gemma, our resident cat, was all buddy buddy with me but took to my wife all the way. Now Gemma (the jealous one) will growl, hiss, swat, and nip at me when I try to be friendly with her. Its heartbreaking having her push me away!

MER, Oct 26, 2015
  5. ACSAPA

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

I have heard of these and I know a few of them do exist around here but not close enough that I have ever had a chance to visit one.
    I think it is a wonderful idea and it makes for a comfortable, relaxed setting. Also it is a great way for kitties to get a new home and
    to get lots of attention and loving! I hope someday to visit one!

Susan Brown, Oct 27, 2015
  6. ACSAPA

KimmyMarkks Active Member

This is an interesting idea. It's kind of like a shelter but sells food and drinks. I don't know if I would enjoy eating while playing with cats (any animal really) that isn't my own.

KimmyMarkks, Dec 10, 2015
Ask a Question