5 Things You Didn’t Know About The Russian Blue

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Trellum, Jan 23, 2016.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

The Russian Blue is a beautiful cat breed that comes in only one coat color and density, which is the uniform grayish blue hue that we all instantly recognize. Their majestic eyes draw us in, and this breed is adored by many all over the world for its unique and lovable traits. Here are 5 things you didn’t know about the Russian Blue:

[​IMG]

1. Lucky Cats

These cats are actually considered to be a good luck charm. In Russian folklore, the Russian Blue has long since been considered as a symbol of good luck, and the premier cat choice for many Russian Czars of legend. The legends of folklore claim that once a Russian Blue healed an ailing prince, while many were believed to have been used in royal settings to ward off evil spirits from harming the royal newborn babies. Because of their widespread popular in the royal realm, these cats are thought to be of royal lineage pedigrees.

http://iheartcats.com/5-things-you-didnt-know-about-the-russian-blue/

Trellum, Jan 23, 2016
  2. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Thank you for posting this interesting article. My Harley, is a Russian Blue and the article describes him to a Tee. He is very set in his ways and he does follow a strict schedule.
    I often wondered why he was like that but once I read this it all makes sense. He doesn't adapt well to change. I know when we first adopted him it took him some time to come
    around and get use to the idea that we were his new family. My Harley is much bigger then the cat above though. He is a big boy but so lovable.

Susan Brown, Jan 29, 2016
  3. Trellum

Awww! I actually I want to get a Russian blue in the future, but very very ahead in the future once my Bob is gone. Is it true what they say about them? That they seem to be very in tune with their owners feelings? And also that they follow their favorite person around from room to room?

Trellum, Jan 29, 2016
  4. Trellum

Yes those facts are very true. Harley is always under my feet following me around. He knows when I am having a bad day and he will just crawl up and lay on me and purr away.
    He never leaves my side. He is so big and lovable. That's why we nicked named him "Mr. Lovable." They are very loyal. This is the first Russian Blue that I owned and I would
    recommend this breed to anybody who wants a cat who is loyal.

Susan Brown, Feb 3, 2016
  5. Trellum

Awesome! You would say that Harley is more lovable than your other cat? Because I've heard the difference in personality, specially when talking about this trait in specific when compared with other cat breeds is huge! I might definitely adopt an adult one as well :) By the way, does he follow anyone else around the house or only you?

Trellum, Feb 9, 2016
  6. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

My Twinkle must have been a Russian Blue even though he was tan and white as in the picture as he had some if not all of the attributes. Lovable, loyal and shy with strangers. Of course I only kidding but this was great information for me. I've never seen any of these cats in these parts.

Anne, Feb 10, 2016
    Susan Brown likes this.
  7. Trellum

He is definitely more lovable in that he likes to be close and cuddly. He follows both me and my fiance around the house but more with me. Also he prefers to snuggle with me.
    He loves his mommy and it really shows. We have a special bond.

Susan Brown, Feb 10, 2016
  8. Trellum

Oh, I see, so what they say about this breed is really true. I find amazing, he is acting like that even though e wasn't a kitten when you got him, that is awesome :) I think I saw a Russian blue at the local shelter :) I might get it if it's still available when I move there.

Trellum, Feb 10, 2016
  9. Trellum

Hahaha, sometimes I think my Bob is part Russian Blue too ;) He is too needy for a cat, you know? He loves to get all my attention, and gets upset if I don't pet him when he wants it (remember when he ran off because of that?). I had never had a cat like him, I will miss him so much when he dies, hence I really want to get a Russian Blue when he dies (I'm used to Bob being with me most of the time when I am at home). Did you Twinkle ''call you'' out every time he saw you? My Bob does every time he sees me, as if saying: ''Hey, I'm here!''.

Trellum, Feb 10, 2016
  10. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

EVERYTIME! My son was so jealous and would say I stole him from him. He used to say that he only loves me because I feed him. He was just jealous. I've been thinking about him a lot recently. Sometimes I still get very, very sad. Last Sunday I saw a cat in the Newspaper that looked so much like him. The first ever in my country with that long furry tail. I am looking at this cat now it's daylight. It's beautiful.

Anne, Feb 10, 2016
  11. Trellum

Awwww, but you know? I heard that cats seem to feel more comfy with us women, so yes, I think your son was jealous. So sorry to hear you have been feeling sad, I still get that lingering melancholy when I remember certain things or people :) Longing something or someone that is no longer there is so hard.

Trellum, Feb 16, 2016
    Anne likes this.
  12. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

It's tough. Twinkle and his memory will be with me forever. I don't know what I would do if I saw this type of cat in my country. Russia Cat comes to BIM (Barbados).

Anne, Feb 16, 2016
  13. Trellum

Of course, I can tell you loved it so much. I find that amazing because i remember so well you told us you weren't a cat person until he converted you :) So sweet!

Trellum, Feb 22, 2016
  14. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

A love that took me completely by surprise. You remember well @Trellum. It taught me to never say never and I thank my son for that since he brought it home. Even with my four dogs who I love dearly there is still that void. Yesterday I walked in my living room and looked at an empty vase that made me remember him. He took out all of the decorative sticks with his wicked play and eventually I had to throw them out. It's the kind of naughty thing he did and yet I never got mad at him.

Anne, Feb 22, 2016
  15. Trellum

Have you thought of getting a kitty? Maybe you could adopt one and see how it goes. Your Twinkle sounds like a really special boy though, I've noticed ever cat has a different personality. i remember missing my precious ginger cat after he died, got another one, but the new one was nothing like my ginger one: so antisocial. He ran away in the end. But if you can you could adopt one :) It's easy to tell when a cat will be social :)

Trellum, Feb 28, 2016
Ask a Question