3 Male Cats and "Raping"

Discussion in 'Behaviour & Training' started by steph84, Jul 11, 2012.

1. steph84

steph84 Well-Known Member

I have 3 male cats now, one is 4 years old, one is 2 years old and the baby is 4 months old. The 4 year old is trying to dominate the 2 year old and now the 2 year old is trying to rape the baby. How do I get them to stop this? The only one that is fixed is the 4 year old.

steph84, Jul 11, 2012
  2. steph84

Olivia Gajadhar Member

Wow... I've never heard of this happening before (and I've had six cats altogether in my life). When you say "rape," is the two-year-old cat actually trying to insert its penis inside of the four-month-old?

I would expect this to happen if you had a male and a female. I know that cats go by their instincts and don't think logically when in season (cats will mate with family members if not fixed). I would suggest separating the cats until you have them all fixed. You certainly don't want the little one to be hurt by the larger, older cats.

I'll let you know if I find any more information on this. In the meantime, good luck!

Olivia Gajadhar, Aug 8, 2012
  3. steph84

Beth23 Well-Known Member

Male cats will compete for territory and status in the group. Have them neutered . It may appear to you that your cat is trying to rape the baby male but he is just trying to dominate him. He wont actually rape him.

We never own more then one male cat at a time because when we do these competitions occur. They spray, fight and mark territory more.

Beth23, Aug 13, 2012
  4. steph84

nikki Well-Known Member

Yikes! Cats do mature fairly quickly but Ive never heard of cat rape. Im so sorry but I have no advice or suggestions on this one. A diaper?

nikki, Aug 14, 2012
Ask a Question