10 warning signs your cat might be sick

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Trellum, Jun 18, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Excellent infograph showing 10 warning signs of sickness in cats, very neat! I hope you find it useful, I think it's easier to memorize those bits of info easily this way :)

[​IMG]

Trellum, Jun 18, 2015
  2. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

Thank you! That's getting bookmarked, definitely! Whenever I see my cat acting differently I'll have it to refer to instead of freaking out on the Internet trying to find this exact list.

LilAnn, Jun 18, 2015
  3. Trellum

You are welcome :)!!!! I think many of those behaviours are easy to ignore, so it is good to know that sometimes seeing a change in their behavious is actually a bad sign. I think the same can be applied to dogs.

Trellum, Jun 19, 2015
  4. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

Again you provide us with very useful information. If ever I find another cat I suspect I am going to an expert in cat care. I must confess that Twinkle's life even though short was quite healthy. I saw him throw up on the odd occasion. Good tips yet again Trellum.

Anne, Jun 22, 2015
  5. Trellum

Thank you, Anne :) I would dare to say I am also now an expert on dogs and cat care :) You learn a lot with this kind of things. I will make sure to provide with more of these infographics :) I like to get info this way, it's easier to memorize :)

Trellum, Jun 23, 2015
  6. Trellum

nanouhammie Member

I make my own medicine for my kitties. I use a cup full of hard food and Organic Apple cider vinegar. I pour the food on a baking pan then let the food soak up the Apple cider vinegar over night in the oven, then I bake it on 250 for an hour or until it is dried out again. It helps the cat's immune system fight urinary tract infections. I also let them have a teaspoon of danactive yogurt from time to time to clean them out if they are constipated.

nanouhammie, Jun 24, 2015
  7. Trellum

Wow, now that is something new! I had never heard about this beofre! I might try it myself soon, I have beedn trying to find organic apple cider vinegar for a bit, I heard it's good for weight loss and many other things. Now I have another good reason to buy it.

Trellum, Jun 24, 2015
  8. Trellum

hunya Member

thanks for sharing

hunya, Jul 6, 2015
  9. Trellum

You are very welcome :) I hope you have found this useful, hopefully you never need this knowledge, but it's always good to have some of it handy, specially if it's about our beloved furry friends. Knowledge is power :D

Trellum, Jul 6, 2015
  10. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

This is an excellent graph and very informative. Thank you for sharing. It is always good to know the signs since kitty can not speak for him/herself. You got that right Trellum, knowledge is power and you can never know too much when it comes to kitty and their health.

Susan Brown, Jul 13, 2015
    Trellum likes this.
  11. Trellum

Thanks, Susan. I love info graphs for the simplicity and colorfulness. I think they help to get the info memorized and spread more easily than a boring article. I think of info graphs as mind maps, they look pretty much like them :)

Trellum, Jul 13, 2015
  12. Trellum

Kaybee517 Member

These are great tips. I recognized some of these exact signs in my cats before they passed. As a pet owner it's best to error on the side of caution then just brush off odd behavior from your cat. Cats are quite good at hiding their pain or illness and sometimes discovering this too late can mean life or death. So a word of advice is stay in tune with your cats and know their behavior and what's normal for them so you can differentiate later if they fall ill.

Kaybee517, Jun 23, 2016
  13. Trellum

cluckeyo Active Member

This is a good resource, thank you for posting it. It really is good to try to determine if your cat is truly in need of a vet, before going. He doesn't like the vet, and I don't like taking him if it is not necessary. A money issue of course! If he needs it though, I do want to get him there.

cluckeyo, Jun 24, 2016
  14. Trellum

casey84 Active Member

I love inforgraphs - they're such a great way of delivering information in an easy way. I feel like I should print this out and put it on my fridge for handy reference.

casey84, Jul 15, 2016
  15. Trellum

kathycat12 Member

Great infographic. The sign is just similar like human. But my guess always the weird behavior. The primary thing look is your cat suddenly not active anymore and not play around like usual.

kathycat12, Sep 8, 2018
  16. Trellum

enk New Member

Hi, Trellum! Your information is very useful for me. I got a cat, but she is very little. It lives with me two week. I don't know much about how sick cats should behave. Thank you.

enk, May 16, 2022
Ask a Question