10 signs your cat loves you

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Trellum, Jun 29, 2015.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

Thank you, Anne. I'm working on that, I need to research a lot before even dare to take a petition out there... I know a lot people will support me! Specially the members of this forum, I'm sure I can count with you signing my online petition? :) So maybe we push my government to treat killing cats as it is: a horrendous crime.

Trellum, Jul 30, 2015
  2. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

I hope you get good results. I feel very strongly about these things.Did you see the report of the guy who killed the Lion and is now in hiding? It was all over my Facebook page yesterday. I know a lion is a different matter but there was a lot of outrage about it. I will find it and post it. I guess it belongs to this forum in a way.

Anne, Jul 30, 2015
  3. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

It makes me feel good if they are just willing to sit within 10 feet of me.

LilAnn, Aug 5, 2015
  4. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

Not me LiAnn. I used to want Twinkle all over me. I used to feel bad when he did not sit on my lap or come curl up with me like one of my dogs. Then I joined forums and read more and realised that cats were different and quite indifferent doing what they want when they want and Twinkle was no different..I always say I even found his indifference appealing.

Anne, Aug 5, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  5. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I don't know if this happens to anyone else, but the fact that they make you work so hard for their affection, when they "reward" you by allowing you to pet them, you feel like you must have done a great job.

LilAnn, Aug 7, 2015
  6. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

You are so right. The times I got the attention I desired, I felt like I had won a million dollars. Who would think a cat would have that effect on you? I never did until I came into their world.

Anne, Aug 8, 2015
    LilAnn likes this.
  7. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I'm so glad someone understands! I've even bribed cats to sit with me, before. Cheese and potato chips. Enough of it and they'll even go to sleep in my lap.

LilAnn, Aug 9, 2015
  8. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

He had me good. That cat made a fool out of me at times and the sad part is that I enjoyed it. Had he lived longer and asked me to file for a divorce since my husband was very moody with him I might have called the lawyer. I still shake my head the things Twinkle got away with and the lengths I went to get his attention. I could see him there now sitting on the yard wall like he paid the mortgage and completely ignoring when I told him to come inside. As short as his life was, I'll never stop having stories to tell.

Anne, Aug 10, 2015
  9. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

So many cats have a huge personality, and it only takes a little while for them to make an impression and give you stories to tell. How can anyone not love that?

LilAnn, Aug 11, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  10. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

cats are really good at making people feel like fools.

LilAnn, Aug 13, 2015
  11. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

Fool is putting it mildly. I used to think he was that spoiled girl child I never had...until I found out she was actually a he. Seriously, I still smile sometimes when I am looking through pictures and asking myself if I really allowed him to do this or that. I am telling you, he had me really, really good......or bad.

The thread is ten signs about them loving us, but our crazy love for them is also worth talking about.

Anne, Aug 13, 2015
  12. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

I think our love for them is easier to talk about because its a lot more obvious. We won't get ostracized by our peers for showing that love. I'm pretty sure the cat's get made fun of, or even shunned by other cats if they do.

LilAnn, Aug 14, 2015
    Anne likes this.
  13. Trellum

MER Well-Known Member

Its a sign that they trust you to be part of their family. Very gently blow on his bottom and they will be forever greatful. For real, I just read that this morning.

MER, Aug 27, 2015
  14. Trellum

Yes, I hope so too, but I feel a bit worried about the outcome, that guy is obviously evil and my parents live a few houses away from him. That makes me nervous, I worry about my mom. If that guy dares to start annoy her or something if he finds out it was me. Other than that I am good, I think it's time something is done about it.

Trellum, Aug 29, 2015
  15. Trellum

Why is that? :O Your cat is not very close to you? I think think that depends a lot on the breed of the cat, some cats follow their owners around the house like little lap dogs (Russian blue), but others are lie ''meh''. I think my Bob is mixed with something who came running every time they say their owner stepping into a room. It can get annoying, lol.

Trellum, Aug 29, 2015
  16. Trellum

Eaow Well-Known Member

When my cat is all loving to me I notice it in the eyes. Wide open and adoring, I can feel the flow of love. Cats show love so naturally I wish some people were like them!

Eaow, Aug 29, 2015
  17. Trellum

LilAnn Well-Known Member

He's kind of a loner, I think. And the dogs don't help. If I go potty he likes to give me attention. He pats my knee. Its as awkward as it sounds, too. But otherwise he stays in his litter box and occasionally with my MIL. The vet said he hangs out in there so he feels like he's hidden. So I put 2 fleece blankets in the carrier, and took the door off of it. He's still in his litter box.

LilAnn, Sep 2, 2015
  18. Trellum

Lol... oh my! So, it can get a bit messy if he spends that much time in the litter box? I guess it does? I'm guessing your cat had a very difficult past? Was he an adult stray when you adopted him or something like that? My in laws have a cat like that, but he likes to spend most of his time outdoors, he comes in and doesn't like to be pet. Sometimes he lies down next to my MIL on the sofa, but that's it. He lived in the streets D:

Trellum, Sep 4, 2015
  19. Trellum

Eaow Well-Known Member

Gifting. Cutiepaws brought home something the other day. I nearly jumped out of my skin but now realize it was her gift for me. A dead lizard that was partially eaten is her idea of a gift!:rolleyes:

Eaow, Sep 4, 2015
  20. Trellum

Oh, so she brought home a dead lizard? Yikes! My cat never brought anything for me, but he was an outdoors cat for a very short time :) So I don't feel offended, lol. My in laws had a huge problem with their cat, because he kept bring live/dead mice and even a mole!!

Trellum, Sep 5, 2015
Ask a Question