Your avatar

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by GavinMcresty, May 8, 2013.

1. GavinMcresty

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

Is the cat in your avatar yours? My one is not: I just had a picture of a cat on my computer so I used that. I was just wondering how many people have avatars of their own pets.​

GavinMcresty, May 8, 2013
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  2. GavinMcresty

Trellum Well-Known Member

I don't use an avatar with a cat in it or my own cat, simply because i think that is so predictable and boring, even for a cat forum :p To be honest most people do that, and sometimes it's so hard tell one from another, specially when they're new members and you're just starting to get to know them. I get confused easily.

Trellum, Apr 2, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  3. GavinMcresty

lowen Member

That's why I prefer something with a grain of fun )

lowen, Apr 27, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  4. GavinMcresty

Kay Dougall Well-Known Member

I drew this cartoon of Vanguard, a 17-year old I have lived with ever since I rescued him (he was a feral kitten living on the streets of Los Angeles, CA). He is the goofiest, free-ist spirit we have ever owned. The title of this cartoon is "It's not easy being green" 'cause he eats ALL of my houseplants--they are like a salad bar to him.
    He's on my business card and on my website. I love him so much. What a crazy little guy!

Kay Dougall, May 7, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  5. GavinMcresty

Amanda New Member

My avatar is also obviously a cartoon, and not of my creation. Pictures of my last furbaby pull at my heartstrings a little too much...he crossed the rainbow bridge last June, Friday the 13th. The night before I took him in was so difficult, I just tried to make him as comfortable as possible, and kept telling him that it was ok to go if he was in pain. there really is no time limit on grief, because I still break out in tears when I come across photos of him. Some animals you just develop such a special bond with that you have an almost psychic connection :;(

Amanda, May 11, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  6. GavinMcresty

Anne Well-Known Member

My Avatar is my Twinkle no longer here in the flesh but he lives on in my heart. I paused to control my emotion. I have found a way to take him with me everywhere I go. I am grateful for forums like these.

Anne, May 11, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  7. GavinMcresty

Kay Dougall Well-Known Member

Hi Amanda,
    I am so sorry to hear about the loss of your beloved friend. Sometimes, I think that losing a companion like a cat is tougher than losing a person. Everyone sympathizes when we lose a human, but a lot of people just don't get how much our cat (and dog) companions mean to us. I lost my Ben Jamin almost six years ago. And I miss him every day, even though I have other cats that I love dearly. I do believe that some of our companions do develop psychic connections with us that are stronger than 'normal.'

Kay Dougall, May 14, 2015
    Herman&Eddie likes this.
  8. GavinMcresty

Herman&Eddie Well-Known Member

Yes, it is our Eddie! Sitting in the palms of my sons hands, just days after arrival. We had this picture up on on fridge for the longest time. I was pleasantly pleased to find I had it stored in my husbands laptop picture folder. Yep, I am now using my husbands laptop for the spring/summer, since Eddie spilled water over my other one and my computer (an old piece of junk PC would not fit in our cars for our summer vacation.

Still trying to figure out how to upload a picture of Herman on to this site. Any help, appreciated.

Herman&Eddie, May 17, 2015
Ask a Question