Why does my cat...?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Trellum, Feb 3, 2016.

1. Trellum

Trellum Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Trellum, Feb 3, 2016
  2. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Wow this is awesome and so cool to read. I like all these little things that we just take for granted
    when we have a cat. It is nice to know that all these little gestures are their way of communicating
    with us.

Susan Brown, Feb 9, 2016
    Anne likes this.
  3. Trellum

I was surprised to read that when they headbutt you it means they consider your their friend :) My in laws cat did that the last time I was there, I thought it was great because it took him a while to actually get close to me.

Trellum, Feb 9, 2016
    Anne and Susan Brown like this.
  4. Trellum

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

That is cute. He was letting you know that he was your friend. I love that. My cats head butt people that come to our house, not everybody though, and now I know what they are trying to say.
    I often wonder why they only choose certain people to warm up to while they would just hide away from others.,

Susan Brown, Feb 10, 2016
  5. Trellum

I thought he didn't like me that much, until now, of course ;) He is not the most friendly cat, he only cuddles with my in laws, he rarely let me pet him :p But he does head butt me every time he sees me. I'm guessing the cats can sense something we can't just like dogs when they don't seem to like certain people.

Trellum, Feb 10, 2016
    Anne likes this.
  6. Trellum

Anne Well-Known Member

Well I was sure I was Twinkle's friend and family. I am thinking I must have had some head butts for sure. The eye blinking must have happened as well, but I might have mistaken that for falling asleep but trying to stay awake.:)

Anne, Feb 10, 2016
  7. Trellum

@Anne I'm sure he fully trusted you :) In his eyes you were his mommy. I'm sure my Bob also sees me as his mommy. When he had the chance he'd wake me up by licking my lips! LOL. I read that is what kittens do to wake their moms up. So cute :)

Trellum, Feb 16, 2016
Ask a Question