Who Honestly Thought This Was A Good Idea?!

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by OhioTom76, Sep 10, 2012.

1. OhioTom76

OhioTom76 Well-Known Member

What a way to traumatize your cat and see how they would react if they thought they were trapped and drowning and fighting for their life.

OhioTom76, Sep 10, 2012
  2. OhioTom76

Jessi Well-Known Member

What the heck??? Why in the world would you do that??

Okay, so the idea of the 'pet spa' in general, might work for dogs. Once it got going, though, and I see just how much water there is, I can't even imagine a dog feeling comfortable in one of those. So awful.

Jessi, Sep 10, 2012
  3. OhioTom76

andrew320 Well-Known Member

Who the hell designed such garbage? This is torture, animal cruelty and downright criminal. Someone should be put into jail for harming an animal. I feel sorry for these cats and I also feel sorry for a lot of the animals in this world whose owners feel they have to buy them these stupid "necessities."

andrew320, Sep 10, 2012
  4. OhioTom76

Evilsprinkles Well-Known Member

It's like a carwash for cats, I wouldn't put my poor animal in there for a moment. I'd like to put the designers in there just to see how'd they like it.

Evilsprinkles, Sep 11, 2012
  5. OhioTom76

Becky Well-Known Member

Gosh, that's awful!! :(

Becky, Sep 11, 2012
  6. OhioTom76

Jessi Well-Known Member

http://money.cnn.com/2007/02/02/smbusiness/kitty_wash/index.htm

Apparently even the creator is upset by this video. He insists that this isn't how it's intended to be used and that it makes the device look bad to be used like that. I definitely agree, but I don't know what animal is really going to be more 'ideal' for it either.

Jessi, Sep 11, 2012
  7. OhioTom76

steph84 Well-Known Member

I have heard that these are quite common. I went to my local groomers and they said that they just put their cats in a machine and it washes them. I instantly thought of this video and I got my cat out of there asap!

steph84, Sep 12, 2012
  8. OhioTom76

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

What makes the video worse is the perky, cheerful Disney music that accompanies it. That music almost sounds like they're mocking the cat's ordeal.

ACSAPA, Sep 14, 2012
  9. OhioTom76

Jessi Well-Known Member

It definitely is. No one would record and share a video like this in that manner unless they were laughing their butts off at it. They're definitely mocking it and making fun of it.

Jessi, Sep 14, 2012
  10. OhioTom76

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

At least this cat survived, unlike the kitten that someone fed to their snake and videotaped it and posted it online. I can't comprehend how anyone can enjoy hurting a small, adorable animal.

ACSAPA, Sep 14, 2012
  11. OhioTom76

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

I think this machine must be banned. There are all kinds of horrible things which can happen. There is definitely no way that this machine can be used safely. If the manufacturer insists that it is safe, then he must be put inside the machine to try it himself first-hand.

Victor Leigh, Sep 15, 2012
  12. OhioTom76

msmonkeyfeet Well-Known Member

I was thinking the same thing! What if something went wrong with the water temperature setting and it ended up either burning the poor cat or freezing it?! The people on the outside wouldn't even know until it was too late. Not to mention it's just cruel to put a cat through that much stress simply to make it easier on the groomers, which is obviously it's main purpose. Someone probably came up with this because they got tired of getting scratched by cats when they tried to bathe them and didn't feel like dealing with it anymore. For all we know, the cat in the video may deal with a bath in a bath tub of shallow water by the hands of its owner just fine but that machine looks anything BUT gentle and soothing.

msmonkeyfeet, Sep 16, 2012
Ask a Question