Wheezing sound

Discussion in 'Health & Nutrition' started by Katt, Mar 14, 2015.

1. Katt

Katt Member

I am really starting to worry, as my chubby Vasili's breath doesn't sound normal. He makes this loud wheezing sound, both when he is awake and when he is asleep. When he sleeps it sounds just like snorring. It's Saturday evening so I won't be able to get him to a vet until Monday. Do you have any experience with a problem like this?

Katt, Mar 14, 2015
  2. Katt

pafjlh Well-Known Member

How long has this been going on? If it just started its possible the cat has a cold. Yes, cat's do get colds four of mine had them in December. My advice is keep an eye on your cat to make sure they are still breathing. Also, keep an eye on thier eyes to make sure that they are crusted over this can happen if its a cold. If the eys are take a clean wet cloth and gently wipe the eye. The cat may not like it but it will help them to see. Also on Monday if the cat isn't better get them to the vet. I know what its like from personal experience what its like to go a weekend with a sick pet, its no fun because all we can do is wait and watch the pet suffer. I hope your cat will be all right.

pafjlh, Mar 15, 2015
  3. Katt

Trellum Well-Known Member

Don't worry, it might just be a cold, but if you notice something else like a big swelling near his nose or something, then it might be something more serious. Just take him to the vet on Monday, I'm sure everything will be ok. My cat gets a bit of wheezing from time to time as well, was worse when he spent some time outside during the colder months.

Trellum, Mar 15, 2015
  4. Katt

wahmed Active Member

Just watch him closely, but if he begins to pant rush him to the vet. Take him for a check up asap.

wahmed, Mar 17, 2015
Ask a Question