whats the best cat flea treatment method?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by britishblueshorthair, May 10, 2010.

1. britishblueshorthair

britishblueshorthair Member

its costing me a bomb on front line for my cats. ive heard the injection is good but not as affective as the front line.

does anyone else have any recommendations?

britishblueshorthair, May 10, 2010
  2. britishblueshorthair

catforumchat Member

i prefer the vet to give the injection as my cats a nightmare to try and flea :lol:

but i hear the frontline is one of the best and kills the fleas when they land on the cat.

catforumchat, May 10, 2010
  3. britishblueshorthair

magickat Well-Known Member

I use a combination of tablets and flea collars. I have six cats and it seems pretty effective. I occasionally have to get some spray in the summer, but overall this works for me.

magickat, Jan 22, 2012
  4. britishblueshorthair

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

I agree with Frontline! I use it on my cats and dogs and we never have a problem with fleas! We use it every month all year long.

SheWolfSilver, Jan 24, 2012
  5. britishblueshorthair

Belligerent Well-Known Member

I use Advantage. It's expensive but it's well worth it. Fleas are the hardest thing to get rid of.

Belligerent, Jan 24, 2012
  6. britishblueshorthair

magickat Well-Known Member

Yes fleas can be a real nightmare, there was a major outbreak of them here in the summer. My poor friend went away on honeymoon and when she came back she had to treat her cat and her whole house, even though the cat had been Frontlined!

magickat, Jan 24, 2012
  7. britishblueshorthair

SallyintheValley41 Well-Known Member

This is something indoor cats don't get thank goodness, UNLESS the place they move into already had a flea investation. Once I rented a house on a river with heavily wooded yard and my poor kitty was investated through the fleas living in the carpet...I moved from there after 1 year and a good flea dip at the vet fixed her up.

SallyintheValley41, Jan 26, 2012
  8. britishblueshorthair

Belligerent Well-Known Member

That's horrible! We brought an indoor cat in our apartment once and the fleas spread like wildfire. We had to take my cat to get her a professional flea bath and we bombed the entire house for fleas. They were still there! The entire apt complex was condemned about a month later and we were so happy when we left.. honestly, nothing we did would get rid of it.

Belligerent, Jan 27, 2012
  9. britishblueshorthair

Wallie0921 Well-Known Member

I usually use Frontline when I have an infestation. If the infestation's really bad, I give them each a Capstar pill for instant relief, and then Frontline them.

Wallie0921, Feb 1, 2012
Ask a Question