What type of cat do you have?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by HappyRocinante, May 19, 2012.

1. HappyRocinante

HappyRocinante Well-Known Member

Do you have a lazy cat? How about a hyper run amok cat? How about a playful, sneaky cat?

I have one lazy, lovable baby cat and one hyper, nervous mouthy cat. They don't generally get along. o_O

One cat, Ninja, I adopted because he was the one solid colored cat in the batch (I always loved solid colors.) We got our other baby, Mouth, for my husband and because he was just too cute to let out of the family. Ninja was MY cat! At least he was until his brother, Mouth, got sick and I had to pay attention to him. He got so jealous! He decided that my attentions weren't good enough for him anymore and decided to give all his love and purrs to my hubby. Traitor! Mouth was always a little standoffish and didn't really take to anyone until he got sick. Then I guess my constant fussing over him won his little heart. He still is not the most loveable cat but he is still my baby.

So my lazy, lovable cat who likes to be held like a baby when he sleeps is now my hubby's. *Sniff Sniff* And I spend part of everyday trying to convince Mouth, my nervous and hyper cat, to come love on me. :(

HappyRocinante, May 19, 2012
  2. HappyRocinante

violino Well-Known Member

Tabu is lazy, fat and I-am-the-boss-here cat :p Even my 40kg's dog is afraid of her :D
    And Mitra is playful and sneaky, and I-don't-care-you're-a-boss-IHAAAAAAAAAAAAA-and-now-come-on-be-nice...

violino, May 21, 2012
  3. HappyRocinante

Jenny Heart Well-Known Member

I've got one cat named Tinker that is black and white, and looks like he has a tuxedo on with beautiful white whiskers. he's the king of the cats in our home. Zinger is the fast type of a cat. We named him zinger due to the fact he's one fast cat. The last one is Fox,he was trapped by the engine of a truck, and had starved for days. We call him scat cat because he scats when he senses anyone near him. We have more than one type of cat, but they're all the best type of cats in our opinion.

Jenny Heart, May 22, 2012
  4. HappyRocinante

Anna T Active Member

My cat is very sweet-natured and playful. She's also extremely curious and nosy. She has to know what we're doing all the time. If she happens to be outside, she sits in the window and watches us. It's one of her favorite hobbies next to catching bugs and insects and rolling around, sunning herself :)

Anna T, May 23, 2012
  5. HappyRocinante

Ja'cobeC Member

My cats are very playful, but they are also very nice to strangers. One of the is black and white while the other one is orange. My cats also love the rain. They like to sit by the window watching the rain. Just as long as they are not outside getting wet. They both are also very picky eaters. It has to be a specific kind of food or else. I love to spoil them though. ;)

Ja'cobeC, May 25, 2012
  6. HappyRocinante

BeautifulAngel Well-Known Member

I used to have a really hyper cat. It was really difficult to try to get it to calm down. It really sucked since when I had my kitten I lived with my boyfriend at the time and his brother. My boyfriend had an obese cat and his brother had a huge dog. Since we had a small apartment with lots of people and animals it was really difficult to do anything with the cat being so hyper. Though I must admit it was a really cute kitten.

BeautifulAngel, Jun 21, 2012
  7. HappyRocinante

Mystique Well-Known Member

Snowy is the quiet but lovable one. She mostly sits and plays by herself, even when she was the only cat in the house, she has always been that way. Every now and then, she would sit on my tummy while I'm busy working on my laptop or lie in between my partner and I. These days, she is always by herself because she isn't feeling very well.

Azzario is feisty and he can be lovable when he wants to. He liked me to cuddle him in the beginning, but since we have Zopie in the family, he has decided to become the 'macho' cat. He still likes to be patted and sometimes, picked up but I don't know, he seems to only want that when Zopie isn't around :D

Now, Zopie is definitely the baby of the house. He purrs like an idling engine whenever we pat or stroke him. He follows me EVERYWHERE. He loves to cuddle and he doesn't mind when I pick him up and just carry him around. He waits for me near the shower whenever I am taking one, or when my partner is taking a shower. He follows me to toilet, even when I need to pee!! Zopie sleeps with us every night and it's always beside me or near my leg. He can be crazy and wild, running around as if he was being chased by a dog.

Fortunately, they all get along well and with Snowy being sick and quarantined for the time being, it almost looks as if Azzario is missing her and vice versa. In fact, I really do think they miss each other's company.

Mystique, Jun 21, 2012
  8. HappyRocinante

Jessi Well-Known Member

I have one really grouchy cat. She's old and has always been a "this is my house, my rules, my stuff" kind of cat. I love her to death, but when we got the younger cat, she got even grouchier and mostly stays to herself unless she wants food and whatnot.

The younger is very, very cuddly. She would rather be held all the time than to be left outside a room alone. She's starting to grow up so she's not quite as playful as she used to be, but still young.

Jessi, Jun 21, 2012
  9. HappyRocinante

Dani72 Member

My cat is quite shy. She took a long time to get used to living with us (we got her from someone who was leaving the country and no longer wanted her) and she's very shy of strangers. She's very loving though and it was well worth taking the time to get to know her.

Dani72, Jun 22, 2012
Ask a Question