What is your cat saying?

Discussion in 'Pictures and Videos' started by Jessi, Jul 3, 2012.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Yep, I think that's pretty accurate, lol. Even if my cats aren't murderers, sometimes they just have that look that says "Feed me....or I'll kill you" or "Leave me alone....or you're dead," so they're kinda mixed on the chart. :p

Jessi, Jul 3, 2012
    Becky likes this.
  2. Jessi

violino Well-Known Member

And where is "Open this bloody window!" or "Turn this tap on PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEEEEEEEASEEE!" ?
    "I love you" and "Go away" don't fit my devils at all. Actually this lovely day for murder doesn't fit either ;)

violino, Jul 4, 2012
  3. Jessi

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

Depends on the sound of the meow.

If it's a low, enquiring meow, it can either mean "Where have you taken all my kittens to?" or "Drat! He's late again. Have you seen him anywhere?"

If it's a loud, demanding meow, it can either mean "Get off my turf!" or "Get my food ready. I am hungry!"

If it's a long, quavering meow, it can either mean "Oh, how I wish it's tuna fish day already" or "Oh dear, I think I have had too much tuna for lunch".

Victor Leigh, Jul 5, 2012
  4. Jessi

[quote="Victor Leigh, post: 5654, member: 5815" "Oh dear, I think I have had too much tuna for lunch".[/quote]
    Is it even possible to have too much tuna or any food for any meal?! :D And that shouldn't be more like a gasp mixed with pleasure whining? :D

violino, Jul 7, 2012
  5. Jessi

Is it even possible to have too much tuna or any food for any meal?! :D And that shouldn't be more like a gasp mixed with pleasure whining? :D[/quote]

Oh yes, that can happen. Cats, generally speaking, do not overeat. However, if you look at some cats that are really overweight, then you can be sure that they must have overeaten, many times.
    [​IMG]
    Who's a fat cat? I am only a big cat, that's all.

Victor Leigh, Jul 7, 2012
  6. Jessi

QuatreHiead Well-Known Member

lol Excellent! I do like that pie graph. That is lovely. I would say fairly accurate in my experience as well, with both insane and fairly sane cats.

QuatreHiead, Jul 8, 2012
  7. Jessi

Anna T Active Member

Yep, you can over time learn to determine exactly what your cat is thinking based on the tone of their meow. Each one can mean so many things. I certainly have my cats "hunger" meow down now, haha. They are not shy about letting me know when they'd like something to eat.

Anna T, Jul 8, 2012
  8. Jessi

OMG, Victor, that's a lot of fur to love :p
    I've never actually seen so fat cats and I'm used to my cats eating only when they're hungry, not because there's something in a bowl.

violino, Jul 8, 2012
  9. Jessi

Oh! I remember what I came here for!
    Yestarday there was a moth or something like this in my room. And I didn't want my cats to take care of it and I couldn't do it myslef holding Mitra in my hands, so I kicked her out. She wanted to come in soooooooooooo desperately, she meowed soooooooo despairing, so pitiful. OMG, I laughed so much, but I felt so sorry for her :D "Pleeeeeeeeease, let me in (in order I can play with this nice moth - this supposed to be meowed in a malicious voice, but she didn't add that :D)".

violino, Jul 8, 2012
  10. Jessi

My cats love moths. And I let them go after the moths. So far so good. They have eaten moths and cockroaches without becoming ill.

Victor Leigh, Jul 9, 2012
  11. Jessi

I usually let them do this as well, it was late though. It would have taken them a little bit of time and I wanted to go to sleep aaaaand I don't like cats jumping on my head... so, that's why I decided to rescue this little thing. Besides, it wasn't a moth actually, it was something like w moth, the size of it, but with a bigger body, it looked like a miniature bat :p And I prefer them eating less meat... Yuck..

violino, Jul 10, 2012
  12. Jessi

A bat? Why, a bat is basically a mouse with wings. Your cats would have loved getting a snack like that. Just curious. Why are you worried about your cats eating too much meat? Cats are carnivorous animals which means that they thrive on meat.

Victor Leigh, Jul 10, 2012
  13. Jessi

That was a joke, Victor:)
    I just don't like watching them (even in my imagination) eating something ALIVE. I don't mind fly or moth, it's like eating a leaf to me, but this... little batty thing had too much flesh, it was too big for ME to imagine my cats eating it. Or this thing moving in their mouth, tickle their palate... Yuck, disgusting :confused:

violino, Jul 11, 2012
  14. Jessi

Now I think you are projecting your own feelings onto your cats. Your cats definitely do not feel the way that you do. Sometimes, when I see my cats checking out something dead in the garden, I would wrinkle my nose, too, but I also told myself that what may smell like a stink to me can very well smell very nice to my cats.

Victor Leigh, Jul 12, 2012
  15. Jessi

I don't!
    Victor, come on.. I don't think my cats DON'T like this flying things. I, ME, MYSELF, can't imagine them eating this, because for ME it's disgusting. Not for them. I know they would love to play with it and eat it, bit after bit.

violino, Jul 12, 2012
  16. Jessi

Alright, Violino, take it easy. I get your point. Your cats like those flying things. You don't. Don't have to get upset about it. I understand how you feel. Sometimes I feel the same way, too, when I see my ducks feeding in the mud.

Victor Leigh, Jul 13, 2012
  17. Jessi

This thing wit ducks is not exactly the same but okay, works for me :p
    I'm okay, I just though you didn't understand me :)

violino, Jul 13, 2012
  18. Jessi

Epicfied Well-Known Member

"I'm not fat... I'm just fluffy!"

Back to the original topic... that looks about right. Neko seems to have larger portion for "I love you" or "Love me".
    Pepsi on the other hand... I think she's going to murder someone some day.

Epicfied, Jul 23, 2012
  19. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

I'm not entirely sure she hasn't already. I'm pretty sure if any of us had ever seen her do it, we would've turned our heads the other direction and hope she didn't come after us next....

Jessi, Jul 24, 2012
  20. Jessi

Epicfied Well-Known Member

I'm already hoping she doesn't come after me next! haha
    She's declawed but those teeth? Devastating.

Epicfied, Jul 24, 2012
Ask a Question