What do You do with an Unwanted Cat?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by pafjlh, Jun 21, 2015.

1. pafjlh

pafjlh Well-Known Member

Now I have three cats of my own, well five if you count the two who are mssing, but lately another cat has been coming into my yard. This cat which is female I think might have been drawn to our yard due to our two male cats who haven't been fixed. This cat isn't very attractive infact we call her Ugly Emmy.

Unfortunately the ugly side of this cat isn't just on the outside, this cat is also a little tyrant. She has been bullying our cats including our only female cat left Peppy. I don't know if she see's Peppy as competition for the two males but Peppy has been fixed so nothing is going to happen there. Anyway, we were probably asking for trouble with supplying cat food outside because that is an open invitation for any stray to come along. But to be honest I don't like this cat, or the way she treats my cats I just don't know how to get rid of her, I have tried telling her to get lost and have even tried to scare her away by turning my garden hose on her, nothing seems to work she still comes back.

pafjlh, Jun 21, 2015
  2. pafjlh

Trellum Well-Known Member

Damn, so sorry to hear that! Sadly I don't think there is much you can do, unless you report her. I fear for your only female cat, because those female cats that haven't been fixed tend to be really aggressive. So be careful. Plus she could be loaded with parasites, and easily infect your cats. I have seen that and believe me when I tell you it ain't pretty.

Trellum, Jun 25, 2015
  3. pafjlh

Susan Brown Well-Known Member

Is there anyway you can call Animal Control and have them come pick her up? She is probably that way because she has been struggling in her life for so long. She has trust issues. It is sad because she doesn't know any better. It breaks my heart. It is not worth putting your babies at risk though. She needs to be removed and maybe given a chance at a better life.

Susan Brown, Jul 11, 2015
  4. pafjlh

icekat Active Member

I truly wish I could take her! I have had difficult cats in the past, and loved them anyway. I understand that when your baby is in danger, you have to act. It probably IS just a case of raging hormones, and if the cat is spayed, she will be very different in her temperament. I have scooped up strays, and had them fixed immediately to avoid problems like this. Maybe you could see if there's a low-cost spay-neuter clinic in your area.

icekat, Jul 11, 2015
Ask a Question