What do you do in your spare time?

Discussion in 'Off Topic Forum' started by SheWolfSilver, Feb 22, 2012.

1. SheWolfSilver

SheWolfSilver Well-Known Member

If you're like me you rarely have spare time but on the rare occasions that I do I like to do leather crafting. I just started doing it a few years ago and I'm trying to turn my hobby into a business. I love doing it and it relaxes me. I've made several things for friends and family. This is a day planner with clutch that I made my daughter for Christmas last year.
    [​IMG]

SheWolfSilver, Feb 22, 2012
  2. SheWolfSilver

magickat Well-Known Member

That is very impressive! I like to bake (bread and cakes) and read in my spare time. I'm pregnant at the moment so making the most of it as I don't think I'll have any spare time once the baby arrives!

magickat, Feb 23, 2012
  3. SheWolfSilver

Shole Member

Wow that is great. I write in my spare tame or I make sites , I usually have little free time because of my studies and practice ( I am a professional basketball player) and so I write when ever I can. I love to write poems it just lets all my emotion be transferred to the paper and they are out of me and I don't feel stress,pain or anything else when its done .

Shole, Feb 23, 2012
  4. SheWolfSilver

That is so true! Your life is about to make some major changes but in a good way! :)

SheWolfSilver, Feb 23, 2012
  5. SheWolfSilver

mustangsaguaro Member

Wow, that is beautiful leather work you've done. I have a lot of free time since I don't have a regular job. Some of the things I like to do, and some of them I'm trying to turn into a business are gardening, crochet and knit. I also am trying to turn my chicken hobby/addiction (LOL) into a business by selling fertile eggs for hatching, eggs for eating as well as selling day old chicks and started birds. I'd love to be able to sell some of the stuff I crochet and knit too.

mustangsaguaro, Feb 24, 2012
  6. SheWolfSilver

Thank you!

SheWolfSilver, Feb 24, 2012
  7. SheWolfSilver

Victor Leigh Well-Known Member

In my spare time, I think up exotic recipes. All with cats as the main ingredient. Just kidding. In my spare time, I do what I always do in my non-spare time. Surf the net.

Victor Leigh, Feb 24, 2012
  8. SheWolfSilver

Shole Member

Lol you got me there for a second I was just about to reply with "Can you share some recipes with us" and then I see the ingredients are cats lol

Shole, Feb 24, 2012
  9. SheWolfSilver

Wahcashmom Well-Known Member

In my spare time, I really enjoy writing, cooking, shopping and spending time with family. I really do enjoy doing research on new places and vacation spots.

Wahcashmom, Feb 25, 2012
  10. SheWolfSilver

steph84 Well-Known Member

In my spare time I like to cook, read, write and sing. I am currently learning French so I sometimes spend my time taking my lessons online or with software. If anyone else speaks French or wants to practice another language, I'd be open to being language exchange friends.

steph84, Mar 14, 2012
  11. SheWolfSilver

Well, in my spare time, I also think of weird ideas. Things like how to solve the global food shortage problem by producing more men. Three-foot-tall men.

Victor Leigh, Mar 14, 2012
  12. SheWolfSilver

nicola Active Member

In my spare time I love writing letters to my pen pals.
    I have 30 at the moment.
    I love listening to music on my iPad. Shopping. Reading.

nicola, Mar 16, 2012
  13. SheWolfSilver

That's fantastic! Do you mean you still use snail mail? It's has been something like a gadzillion years (anyway that's how it feels like) since I last put pen to paper and wrote to anyone using snail mail. So where are your penpals from?

Victor Leigh, Mar 18, 2012
  14. SheWolfSilver

nicola Active Member

I still use snail mail.
    My pen pals are from Uk as postage is expensive.

nicola, Mar 19, 2012
  15. SheWolfSilver

Becky Well-Known Member

Wow, that's an impressive amount of writing Nicola!

I love to read (currently engrossed in book 4 of A Song of Ice and Fire by George R R Martin), and I also really enjoy cooking. I try and make something nice every day - today we had chickpea soup with coriander and chilli for lunch, yum.

There are so many other things that I would love to spend more time doing - playing the piano (I used to be quite good but not played in ages), singing (classical stuff) and drawing. I could quite happily be a lady of leisure with all these hobbies to keep me occupied!! :D

Becky, Mar 20, 2012
  16. SheWolfSilver

christina Active Member

When I have spare time, I like read, cook, and catch up on my shows! I miss a lot of my shows during the day so what better time then to watch them in my spare time!

christina, Apr 26, 2012
  17. SheWolfSilver

I see. I had a penpal in the UK, too. And one in Australia. That was something like half-a-century ago. If they are still alive today, they would be old folks like me, too. Sometimes I wonder if I would meet them again in cyber space. Or maybe I might have met their children and, of course, didn't know it.

Victor Leigh, Apr 26, 2012
  18. SheWolfSilver

magickat Well-Known Member

I used to have lots of penpals, it seems strange now but also a little sad that we have all but lost that idea....

magickat, Apr 26, 2012
  19. SheWolfSilver

violino Well-Known Member

In my spare time I usually surf in the Internet and read books. There's so many things I'd like to know that sometimes I don't know where to start and do.. nothing ;)

violino, May 5, 2012
  20. SheWolfSilver

BeautifulAngel Well-Known Member

In my spare time I usually work on my forum, compose poetry and hang out with family/friends and my boyfriend =)! (Not in that order of course)

BeautifulAngel, May 15, 2012
Ask a Question