What do cats dream about?

Discussion in 'Cat Chat' started by Jessi, Feb 24, 2013.

1. Jessi

Jessi Well-Known Member

[​IMG]

Ha.

So what do you think your cats dream about?

They spend enough time cat napping that surely there are some interesting thoughts going on up there.

Jessi, Feb 24, 2013
    blurinoctober likes this.
  2. Jessi

CinnamonKiss Well-Known Member

Dusty dreams about catching stuff! His feet move and twitch like he's chasing animals. Sassy might be dreaming about world domination. They both probably dream about cat treats!:p

CinnamonKiss, Feb 25, 2013
  3. Jessi

blurinoctober Well-Known Member

Ohmygod. Yesterday Sibyl was sleeping on the couch and kept making weird noises and twitching. This is the first time in her entire life I've noticed her doing so! She must have been going after something in her dream or maybe she was just going through something unpleasant?

blurinoctober, Feb 27, 2013
  4. Jessi

ACSAPA Well-Known Member

I think my cat Delores probably dreams about world domination, tripping me, and pushing me down the stairs. When I was eating a tuna sandwich and didn't give her any of it, she looked pretty peeved.

ACSAPA, Feb 28, 2013
  5. Jessi

Scottyxx Well-Known Member

Sometimes my cats seem to have nice dreams, and sometimes nightmares. Poor guys. I think maybe Pussington had a nightmare recently about socks, and thats why she has decided they are terrifying. I remember once Bandit had a bad dream and he was crying in his sleep poor little guy! He came and snuggled us though and he went back to his regular snoring self!

Scottyxx, Feb 28, 2013
  6. Jessi

Britt24xoxo Member

I think my orange tabby dreams about chasing mice for sure. I often see him laying in the window seal with his paws twitching rapidly. Its amusing to watch. Sometimes his legs will move to like he is attempting to stalk whatever creature lies within in his dreams. He is the only cat I have that hasn't caught a mouse yet, so I hope within his dreams he is catching a ton of them. Maybe it will give him the practice and concentration he needs to one day catch the real deal.

Britt24xoxo, Apr 30, 2013
  7. Jessi

GavinMcresty Well-Known Member

I never saw our cat twitching or anything like that. I can only imagine their dreams are similar to ours in that they are variations on what they do everyday. They probably dream of their interactions with us, other pets, things around the house, food and play. I know one of our dogs used to dream of running around because she was clearly running in her dream: her legs were basically making running motions as she lay on the floor.

GavinMcresty, May 3, 2013
  8. Jessi

Trellum Well-Known Member

I can no longer see the images you posted here originally :( I'll have a wild guess and say their dreams are not as complex as ours, but they surely dream about us, themselves or even other cats. I wonder if cats are just like dogs in the sense thy only live in the moment?

Trellum, Jan 24, 2014
  9. Jessi

Mocha&Latte Well-Known Member

I wonder if our cats thinks that hes a racer because he sure loves to ''race'' in his dreams.:p

Mocha&Latte, Feb 4, 2014
Ask a Question